ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
I just got a nice rbta and I love anemones now.. Taking my tank in a new direction.. Got rid of a lot of Sps.. Boring!!!!!!! (Although I will still keep some)

Anyway. Are the ritteri dangerous to tangs and other fish? I don't want one getting eatin!!!

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
They are not known fish eaters like some carpets but they do pack a potent sting. Most aquarist treasure them cause they are the natural host to perculas and occ. they are more difficult to keep, they require intense lighting and strong flow, if you meet those requirements they tend to stay put and not wonder like other nems.

Pinkskunk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ducati, the ritteri/magnificient anemones are extremely delicate at first. you need to be ready to treat it if it is infected. if left untreated, the death rate is 100%. please go to Reefcentral and do some research before you venture out and get one or you will be heart broken and also loose money in the process.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Ducati, the ritteri/magnificient anemones are extremely delicate at first. you need to be ready to treat it if it is infected. if left untreated, the death rate is 100%. please go to Reefcentral and do some research before you venture out and get one or you will be heart broken and also loose money in the process.

Okay. thanks for the heads up.. I have one tall island that has the rbta and I want them to most likely multiply and leave them on one island.. I was think to do this with the other tall island w this anemone.. Im just trying to decide if I want give up those areas.

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0

Although this is partially true most If not all Ritteri anemones get infected from the shipping process ,they are notoriously bad shippers. Unlike gigs or Haddoni carpets you can easily tell if the anemone is infected by looking at it before purchase and also how long the LFS has had it. If it was sick or infected it wouldn't hide it, it would be deflated and just looking like crap which these did not. Anyway it is always a good idea to have Cipro and a QT/ Hospital tank on hand just incase something was to happen.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: