Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Fishtown... Nothern Aquariums never have much but you might be lucky to find something rare there on occasion

Last edited:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Fistown USA (overpriced IMO) and the one in Flushing, close to Main street (Northern Aquariums I believe)
If you saw something rare at any of them would you leave it? We know they're over priced and not up in par. No one is forcing you to buy someone else will.

Last edited:

dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
why does fishtown have a bad rep? i been there a few times and they always have a good selection lots of frags for sale and the customer service is pretty good in my opinion. i never purchased livestock from there as i rather support the vendors here but i do buy my frozen or refrigerated fish food from there whenever im in the neighborhood...

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
why does fishtown have a bad rep? i been there a few times and they always have a good selection lots of frags for sale and the customer service is pretty good in my opinion. i never purchased livestock from there as i rather support the vendors here but i do buy my frozen or refrigerated fish food from there whenever im in the neighborhood...

Do a search here on MR. Read for yourself, and come to your own conclusions.lol You can go back to 2007 - just to give you an idea.;)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Look at some of the previous threads about why so many people are down on Fishtown. I used to shop there occasionally many years ago, and stopped after some really good places opened nearer to me in Astoria and Elmhurst. My last trips to Fishtown had been very disappointing...the staff was OK to me, but it was obvious that it was not a happy place for them to be. Unfortunately, all those great places closer to me are now gone to that great big LFS in the sky......and, with my youngest son having suddenly gotten really into fishkeeping (FW), I have made some occasional trips back to Fishtown. It is no longer as cheap as it used to be, and the selection isn't as interesting as it used to be (although that may have just been due to the days I went) but the staff seems happier now, and overall its a better experience shopping there.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Nowhere is cheap anymore... I've been to Fishtown about 6 time and what i've noticed time and time again is that they, meaning the staff get over on people who are just getting started in the hobby and amateurs. I don't care what anyone else say. If i'm talking $h1t go there or send someone and act as if you're new and see what happens. If you know the hobby in and out then you will fair better at that place and the prices are not bad.

isnyc300

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I have actually tested them and acted as if I knew nothing about the hobby and all of them tried to sell me things I did not need. the only guy there I even ask for help is Neil. He's the only one that was Honest, but that's just my opinion

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
After getting bad advice from fishtown 2 weeks ago, I actually found manhattan reef.com because I was looking for a reputable place.

I am a beginner who got suckered into buying a $70 DI filter because its just as good as a RO filter at a quarter the price. Bought a few more items, but don't want to embarrass myself any further.

eazy al

onyxx owner
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Everything you need the venders got it, if you want fish n buying a few go to yonkers maximum reef ,I took my boy n we come from jersey that's 12$+ gas but you know what worth the trip dry goods forging aquatics ,if not Dr foster n smith if you order 49$+ free deliver salt is good price ,unless u buying esv salt buy from gothom ,nems n clownfish I would buy from organic corals nice guy I buy from lfs unless they have a fish that no 1 has or emergency meds, everything else venders here or Dr foster n smith

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I'm from queens, so I've been going to fishtown USA and northern for 2 years, but now I know better, even the discount I get from being friends with the owner ( northern aqu) still over priced, and the only deal you really get at fishtown is on yellow tangs and occasionally with hippo tans both at around $23... That's it. The equipment is way too over priced.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: