frankieboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Astoria but not start hobby yet. Slow setting up and planning. My coworkers said its hard and expensive the hobby and saltwater fishes, but I bin in freshwater hobby 15 year's I loved it now want to move to saltwater hobby. Any advice or opinions how to get me going, lol is my friend discouraging me ?

Sent from my PG86100 using Reefs

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I'm in Astoria but not start hobby yet. Slow setting up and planning. My coworkers said its hard and expensive the hobby and saltwater fishes, but I bin in freshwater hobby 15 year's I loved it now want to move to saltwater hobby. Any advice or opinions how to get me going, lol is my friend discouraging me ?

Sent from my PG86100 using Reefs

Hey Frankieboy, first let me tell you how happy I'm that you are in Astoria, now second, it can be expensive only for 2 reasons, 1 if you go to ( some) stores that rip you off, and 2 if you don't know what you are doing or have no point of reference ..... Now LUCKILY for you, here at MR that's covered, most fellow hobbyists will be more than happy to help. And you will find some bargains here as well.

frankieboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for late response, thank you for info and i figured that if you don't know what your doing. You will waste your money, that's what my planning is slow gadering and researching a lot of information. I love the yellow tang fish I hear they six feet swimming room so my tank is slow on picking. Even do I have a 150 gallon in mind. 72 inches long or 48 inches long but 48 is tall. If I need help with anything I'll pm you.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum - I'm sure this isn't the right place to post this but I'll give it a shot since you are all local.

I'm in Astoria for a few more days, moving later this week. I'm not confident that I will be able to move everything well and am thinking about giving up my fish prior to moving. If the corals don't make it I will feel sad, but if the fish don't, I will feel really sad...

Anyone in this area interested in two paired (not mated) ocellaris clowns and a lawnmower blenny?

Free to a good home.

Update - Someone reached out for them, thanks guys. I'm sad to see them go, but am glad they are making a safer transition to their new home than I could give them.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: