Status
Not open for further replies.

nycpassat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
220   0   0
Wonderful World of Fish at 25-71 Steinway Street. They've actually been opened for a few months now. They have a nice selection of saltwater fish and the store owner, Steve is planning to occupy another set of tanks dedicated to corals. The other half is freshwater. Service is great, Steve is a really nice guy and always a pleasure to talk to every time, unlike my horrible experience at Fishtown last month. For you Queens folks, you may be pleasantly surprise of their new staff. :)

For your information, they will be having a nice delivery of corals later this week of Acans, Micros, mushrooms and Acros. Steve also mention a nice selection of fairy wrasses and angels arriving as well. I welcome you guys to stop by and check out what they have.

I've already placed a hold on a couple of Acans already :)

Willie

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Sometimes I think I go about my business blind as a bat. Thats just a few blocks from me, and I know I drove right past there last weekend.

rebar

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
was there this weekend - found by accident - the place looks good, clean and healthy and tanks and the folks were friendly. i'll be checking out what they have again soon.

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Wow, this is actually a "real " store. Clean, good selection of salt (as well as fresh/African Fish.
Two nice coral tanks.
Hope he does better than his neighbor, Sea Visions

nikkibabee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Spoke to Steve several times over the phone. He is a great guy and gets his fish from reputable wholesale breeders. Looking forward to checking out the store this weekend.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This place is on Steinway? I remember stopping in a store on Steinway about 2 years ago....no SW, nothing remarkable at all....is the new place this store re-done? Or is it brand new....I'll have to check it out...is it near the R train stop? Eric

1UCKY

Niko's Dad
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
Wonderful World of Fish Store

I was driving down Steinway Street in Queens today and spotted this store. I decided to stop and go in. All I have to say is that I was impressed at how clean it was in there! All their fish and corals looked super healthy; their prices were also good. They aslo had my favorite fish, the Red Breasted Wrasse (same fish as my avater), that's been there for three months (thinking of getting it again). You guys should stop by whenever you have a chance.

Last edited:

BHDMC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
FYI. The store is located between 28th Ave and 25th Ave on Steinway Street. There is no 26th or 27th Ave on Steinway Street. It is on the same side as the Carvel Ice Cream Store just a few stores in going toward Grand Central Parkway/Astoria Blvd.

XpectNoMercy

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i agree evry single invert and fish ive purchased from them last year are doing great,never had a problem getting service unlike 99% of these lfs anybody know if they might of opened up another store or know of any nice clean stores like WWOF. Thanx ever since they closed ive been going to berkal aka the basement on ditmars and fishtownusa but they dont come close to matching WWOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: