cepon3

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering why H20 Aquarium is no on the vendor list. I was talking to the guy there and hes said that they were taken down offf the list so they cant give me the 10% discount that they used to give MR members.. if anybody knows maybe we should try to get them back up here, they have great selection of hard to find fish and a good coral and invert selection.. JMO

Last edited:

cepon3

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you meen? the guy there said that if anyone can get them back up here they will give us 10% off the stuff we buy.. that to me seems like they wanna be a part of the traffic here..

Last edited:

cepon3

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats kind of stupid.. all the other forums beeing a vendor is free.. i meen this site isnt really all that great to charge people for getting reviewed.. JMO i think that the poeple there are good and helpful and to give us a discount for just having there stuff up here is more worht it for the everyday member then for them to pay to be here..

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Thats kind of stupid.. all the other forums beeing a vendor is free.. i meen this site isnt really all that great to charge people for getting reviewed.. JMO i think that the poeple there are good and helpful and to give us a discount for just having there stuff up here is more worht it for the everyday member then for them to pay to be here..

We're not charging people to get review. Vendors pay a fee to sell and advertise for their business on Manhattanreefs.

REEF MANIA

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
I go there atleast once a month and they always give me a better deal then the listed price on the tanks. It's like any fish store you go to. You have to negotiate for a better price. The more they see you, the better deal you get. IMO

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
thats true....if you goto any LFS regularly and buy things...they usually will give you a discount anyways so you can keep coming back....

yea and no site have free vendors

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0

As a vendor here I'd like to know all the free vendorship sites you're referring to. We pay to be vendors here. All the reef sites we know of charge a fee. I hope we're not missing the boat :splitspin

BTW, as someone with 4 posts our this board you surely don't seem qualified to make this statement "i meen this site isnt really all that great to charge people for getting reviewed.". In our opinion this is probably the best reefing site on the net. Not to mention the best community on the net :grouphug:

swimmer

Last edited:

cb747

How many is too many?
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Ive noticed MR is VERY protective of there vendors. I recently posted a link to a guy i purchased a 6 inch $29.00 gold teardrop maxxima. The thread was moved to the vendors forum and ironically you cant find it. I guess its viewed as free advertizing for non vendors on MR so basically people do miss out on some good deals to be had but i also see the flip side of that being MR wants to protect there paying vendors. Im sure running this website is quite expensive so there has to be a way to defray that cost. All of the vendors here are top notch and will bend over backwards to help someone and this is by no means anything negative about them. MR is also a top notch message board and a wonderful community. Ive seen various times where members have stepped up to the plate to help another member out. :)

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
well first of all there should be a 10 post rule before someone can start a thread like this. just a suggestion, lol.

from what i have been told (and not from any person of authority or representative of this site) is that there was a deal in place with a certain member here who screwed them on a deal. rightfully they pulled back. that was where the mess all started. i am not naming names. so forget it. its there right not to be a member here. i did have a good relationship with them until this happend. then they started ostrasizing me and i had nothing to do with anything. the owner even told me he didnt want to have anything to do with MR because of that incident that i am reffering to. honestly i felt like my business was no longer wanted. so i dont shop there for myself. even though i never had a problem with them. on that note now you have your answer in regards to MR. they are not needed and do not want our business. thats there right. but then why give them it if they dont respect it? there are other stores here in queens that like us. try aquatic express and WWof. again lets not stur the pot. any1 has a problem with what i wrote feel free to rb or pm me in regards. this is not a open shot at any company at all.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
well, all I can say is that I like H2O. Not that great a place for corals...but very good for fish and cleaner crew. While I no longer get the 10% MR discount, I do find that I haven't been getting charged sales tax....which is just about equivalent and certainly appreciated. I always found also that I have gotten good advice...he never pushes for a sale, and will be the first to tell you not to buy something that may not be appropriate for your system.

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
As a vendor here I'd like to know all the free vendorship sites you're referring to. We pay to be vendors here. All the reef sites we know of charge a fee. I hope we're not missing the boat :splitspin

BTW, as someone with 4 posts our this board you surely don't seem qualified to make this statement "i meen this site isnt really all that great to charge people for getting reviewed.". In our opinion this is probably the best reefing site on the net. Not to mention the best community on the net :grouphug:

swimmer
Well said swimmer!:givebeer:

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What I find very interesting about this thread; is that there is a person who wasn't a member of this site and was looking for the MR 10% discount. The only reason he even registered was to complain about why can't he get the 10% off.:irked:

No wonder why things like group buy have to be monitored.

Steven

1UCKY

Niko's Dad
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
well, all I can say is that I like H2O. Not that great a place for corals...but very good for fish and cleaner crew. While I no longer get the 10% MR discount, I do find that I haven't been getting charged sales tax....which is just about equivalent and certainly appreciated. I always found also that I have gotten good advice...he never pushes for a sale, and will be the first to tell you not to buy something that may not be appropriate for your system.

Totally agree with you:approve:!

cepon3

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in all the freshwater forums like mfk and them it is free to be a vendor.. i just have a small redsea max with an undulate trigger in it for saltwater thats why im here.. i wanna learn more about saltwater and everything. they seem to be helpful and i was just asking a question. i have very large african cichlid tanks with some very hard to find cichlids.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: