reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I absolutely love this store. I've been there twice so far in the past few months and each time its been an absolute pleasure and I leave wanting to turn around to go back right away.

When you visit the reef shoppe, its not just shopping, but a shopping experience. The staff, and the environment are great. Makes you just want to hang out there all day.

To put things in perspective, its over an hour trip for me coming from south Staten Island, plus its in an area of NYC which I hate driving through. For some reason the road signs and GPS confuse the hell out of me and I always get lost on my way there, but the store is just that great that I want to go back. First time I went there, came over the GWB, ended up making the wrong turn just over the bridge and somehow ended up heading straight back into jersey so it was a double toll trip. This time (yesterday), I made the same wrong turn off the GWB, but luckily I was able to save myself from going back to jersey so I only had to pay the single toll. But both trips were absolutely worth it.

The prices are incredible all the time, and the sales the crew runs are second to none. They have a nice variety of live stock priced for anyone from the low budget student like myself, to the collector looking for that one of a kind item.

Plus, anything they don't have, all you have to do is request it and they will move mountains until they find you exactly what you are looking for. This is what separates them from the rest, they're not in it for the quick sale, but rather for the mutual enjoyment of the hobby.

Also they're already talking about some nice renovations to essentially double the space they have for livestock. I can't imagine this place getting any better, but twice as much as an amazing thing sounds like one way of doing it.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Yeah that would definitely help split costs of the trip. I should have posted on the staten island thread before going this past time, but it was a pretty spontaneous decision after seeing the killer sales thread go up the night before.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just got back from The Reef Shoppe. Simply there no place like this place. I thought I seen it all. But if your into this hobby. This place is a must for anybody that wants excellent fish and coral. They prices are insane. After talking to Anthony and he's going to do a little rearranging. More shipments coming in this week. There is no place like the Reef Shoppe period. I know who's either making me or getting my next tank. I can't wait. Keep up the great work guys....

The Reef Shoppe

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I just got back from The Reef Shoppe. Simply there no place like this place. I thought I seen it all. But if your into this hobby. This place is a must for anybody that wants excellent fish and coral. They prices are insane. After talking to Anthony and he's going to do a little rearranging. More shipments coming in this week. There is no place like the Reef Shoppe period. I know who's either making me or getting my next tank. I can't wait. Keep up the great work guys....

seriously excited for this :beer:

Nandez13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
246   0   0
The Reef Shoppe has a great selection of fish and corals as do all of the major LFS when it is close to their receiving shipment dates as they all buy from the same suppliers. They currently have unbeatable prices as did all LFS when they first started. That is how you a build a network of customers (which they are doing a fantastic job of) before they raise their prices. TRS is doing a great job thus far and I will certainly take advantage of the low prices while they last. It's just amusing how many people that have been in the hobby for more than a couple years don't realize this is the basic formula for all stores when they open

The Reef Shoppe

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The Reef Shoppe has a great selection of fish and corals as do all of the major LFS when it is close to their receiving shipment dates as they all buy from the same suppliers. They currently have unbeatable prices as did all LFS when they first started. That is how you a build a network of customers (which they are doing a fantastic job of) before they raise their prices. TRS is doing a great job thus far and I will certainly take advantage of the low prices while they last. It's just amusing how many people that have been in the hobby for more than a couple years don't realize this is the basic formula for all stores when they open

I couldn't have said it any better myself but the difference between me and other LFS is that this is not a ''business'' for me it is my hobby and my passion. That being said it might actually be my downfall but until then i will do everything i can to provide everyone with the best prices and customer service i can.

Pinkskunk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
maybe you should open a franchise and open another one in Mass? around here prices are for the wealthy. i had to travel 2 hours to save a few bucks :D ok you know i was joking. i traveled to see the awesome stores you guys have up in NY but man why are all these great stores are in NY??????

Pellegrino

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have been there a few times myself and everytime was great! Always has alot of Sps and fish and there prices are unbeatable! The staff is friendly and helpful unlike alot of other places that you go too! Keep up the great work guys! Let me know if you guys set up a group trip i would definetly be down to go! It will be worth it!

SuRFeR BoY

BooSten Audi A4 -Aim
Rating - 100%
26   0   0

I disagree. This place is nothing like all other Lfs. The costumer service that these guys provide is like no other. Also, their selection of fish are not your everyday finds. You will not find so many healthy and rare fish all in one store.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I disagree. This place is nothing like all other Lfs. The costumer service that these guys provide is like no other. Also, their selection of fish are not your everyday finds. You will not find so many healthy and rare fish all in one store.

My rare find at Reef Shoppe

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 217

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
All I can say is WOW! I'm glad I finally got to check out the shoppe and see what the fuss was about. The prices were crazy, thought I was at a wholesaler lol and Anthony gave me top notch service! There was plenty of HEALTHY livestock to choose from and I just wish I visited sooner. He had Gonipora the size of my head! No lie lol never seen them that big. I ended up picking up a few frags and a small yellow tang but I will definitely be back for more. Keep up the good work guys and thanks!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: