ychan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Help, needs advise for plumbing

Setting up a new pump for the tank. Try to connect HomeDepot 1" male connector to 1" female connector of "Blowhole" pump. Even I use teflon tape with the joint, I still notice a small amount of water dripping between the joint. Anything else I can get/use to stop the leak???

Thanks in advance

ychan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
no he's not asking you to take pictures of your tank... he's asking you to take pictures of your plumbing so that we can see if there is anything wrong with it. especially the area where you are having the problem.

onit12345

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I recently did some plumming and noticed they came out with some new thread tape. The old one is white and wanna say the new one is like a light orange. The new one def works better make sure and use that

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Teflon tape is not a sealer, it merely acts as a lubricant so you can thread the joints better and get a better seal. That tape will not seal and is not meant to seal.

First make sure nothing is cracked or the threads are stripped.
Maybe get new fittings as some of those could have been dropped off the shelf. They are cheap.

If they are not cracked then use a correct sealer.

nycfishy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
White - Used on NPT threads up to 3/8 inch.
Yellow - Used on NPT threads 1/2 inch to 2 inch, often labeled "gas tape".
Pink - Used on NPT threads 1/2 inch to 2 inch.

+1 on imbarrie's comment about it being lube not sealer

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: