Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello Everyone

a fellow member of this forum is a really close friend of mine, not to long ago I went to his house and I saw his Fishtank and it really impressed me, I had a few goldfish bow and bettas in the past but I had never taken care of a fish tank I told him I wanted to start up a fish tank he offered me help with whatever I needed

I really have a lot to learn because I don't anything about fish or corals

well I told him yesterday I wanted a tank as soon as today
he told me I have to take it easy, so I got a 10G tank
after he put the sand, the live rock and the water I knew for sure that wasn't what I wanted :

22792986-FBF5-4011-B163-E7E8CC86AC5F_zpsf5kfokvu.jpg

so.... today I upgraded to a 72G RR Bow Front we got from another MR member
F2952F6D-9CBC-4A89-AF36-08D320E0A056_zpsx8j1mn0a.jpg

6F3D1D42-8066-41BE-8D3E-B6BBCF352901_zpsw2zomfnt.jpg

88A6D110-A7BB-4B2D-9CD0-D0637CEDC2E0_zpszgif33o3.jpg

Hope to meet nice people willing to help me learn about reefs
:thanks:

Last edited:

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
Welcome. Congrats and good luck. Lots of good people here. Some not so good. You'll decipher the difference as time goes on. Don't hesitate to ask questions. And no question is a stupid or silly question

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
welcome! make sure to take it slow and do all your homework before adding coral. Always ask if you dont know. if it looks nice and everything dont impulse buy. take your time and understand of what your putting into your tank, as they are live creatures. im sure you will take on quick if your friend is a member here. Best wishes and luck.! keep us posted. !

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
welcome ,,this is the place to learn , alot of knowledgable members on here that cause spread the knowledge

thank you kingator

welcome! make sure to take it slow and do all your homework before adding coral. Always ask if you dont know. if it looks nice and everything dont impulse buy. take your time and understand of what your putting into your tank, as they are live creatures. im sure you will take on quick if your friend is a member here. Best wishes and luck.! keep us posted. !

thank you !
he already told me "you have to be patient" that will be a challenge for me
but I will pay attention because I want to do this right...

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
We won't hold it against you that you are from the Bronx is just that we get a lot of 'renegades' from your neck of the hoods. (Inside joke) Seriously though welcome we are here to help. Better to ask any questions you might have and see what guidance and support will come your way then not.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
We won't hold it against you that you are from the Bronx is just that we get a lot of 'renegades' from your neck of the hoods. (Inside joke) Seriously though welcome we are here to help. Better to ask any questions you might have and see what guidance and support will come your way then not.

thank you cmantis I think my friend is a renegade reefer lol

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If its Duromega your in for trouble!

Also unfortunately that dual t5 will not be enough for many corals. Great for fish only or some corals that require less light.

ha ha ha tell me about duromega !!
about the fixture my tank will be a fish only tank until is stable after that I will replace the fixture for some nice Reef capable LEDs

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Think you can now that you have 10 posts I got your message.

Duromega is good peoples he is a good friend. I just joke around a lot. He is not official renegade though. He likes to do crazy things like test his water parameters. Good person to pay attention to and if you are ever in doubt I will set him straight.

MrsDubs

Renegade Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Welcome!! what part of the bx are you in?

I see you and cmantis are hitting it off great! He says Duromega is good peoples (He's AWESOME!!) .. so is he. Definietely a good person to be acquainted with!

This is a great place to learn so ask all the questions you have. Who's your friend .. we renegade reefers tend to stick together!

rambler67

Addicted to MR
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Welcome to MR. and so the addiction begins lol. just rember to take your time i had my first tank running for a year before i went reef. make wise fish chose they suck catching them and trying to get them out if you dont want them or not coral safe ( i know from personal experience)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: