What tank?

• Total voters

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Hey Etomp...my GF wanted a tank so I set one up for her...a glass 29 gal. with stand...because she is not keeping up with the maintanence i'm gonna sell it soon...if you interested i can sell you the whole set up with sand, some live rock, 10 gal. sump, pc lighting, and skimmer...free fishy and cheatos...and you can have the water if you want...lol

Send me PM if you interested....we can work out a price with the budget you have....:biggrin:

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
my dad wants me to get a new tank with a warrantee and all. sry jhov. im thinking reef ready. i am not up to drilling a tank and i want to stay away from DIY as much as possible. anyone know where they sell these things? can i order them online somehow?

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
FYI, most tank don't come with a warranty if you just get a regular old tank. Are you going with a tank with sump? Otherwise you don't need to drill. Thought you settled on an aquapod?

If you want to have a tank drilled for you, several of the vendors on this site can help you out. I know that House of Fish will drill tanks for you and come and install them if you need, and I believe Ronen (Deepwater Extreme) will drill also. Tim (Tim's Aquatic) can also provide reef-ready tanks, and I believe that Coral Factory will as well. Both of these vendors will also deliver (for a fee) and I know that Coral Factory will also do installations.

If you are still going with the aquapod, then no need for drilling at all. And THOSE might come with a warranty, though I'm not sure. You'd have to ask someone who has one.

Last edited:

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
yeah ellebelle ive decided not to go with the aquapod because of too much upgrading. also, i would like more surface area than that of the cube. im thinking about a sump for the skimmer, pump, filter etc. and maybe a small seperate qt tank. as for delivery, i would love it if they could deliver up here in CT, and installation would be a bonus! i will have the most trouble with the sump and such. im thinking about posting a WTB thread and see what offers i get :)

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
its not difficulty, its paying 200$ up front for the thing itsself and having to buy new lights and powerheads and all that fun stuff. i think that if i had the aquapod, i would be more tempted to upgrade than a regular tank plus im really considering the surface area

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
if one of the MR vendors would deliver to you that would be a good way to go. you would learn an awful lot as well. now that your thinking about the tank sump combo, take a look at the size ellebelle is getting, the 40 breeder. that and a 15 -20 gallon sump would work great. as mentioned a few of the vendors can drill the tank and put together the plumbing and lighting, the only tricky part may be getting them to deliver to you.

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I know how you feel! I started with a 55 (I think). When it came time to upgrade I said I'm definately getting a 90. Then a 120 became a 125. I finally said 150 is as big as I will go and I ended up taking home a 180!

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
etank.jpg

10 Gal. Sump w/Baffles....Heater....Return Pump
DSC01655.jpg

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
k so i got a new tank instead. red sea max 34 gallon. i have a few Q's for cycling-

should i have my skimmer on?
should i have my pumps on?
lights on for three hours the next day right?
should water level be level with the glass or is it ok to have it a little bit under?
:bigeyes:
i know its alot of questions sorry

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Only my opinion, but....

1) Yes, I'd leave the skimmer on. If nothing else, it will help skim the dust out of your tank from the sand.

2) Definitely have your pumps and PH on.

3) I left my lights on longer than 3 hours, but I know most people do 3-4 hrs.

4) Under is okay, but it looks better if the water is at least level with the bottom of the trim.

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
OK, I saw that someone advised you to scrape the sponge off so that it doesn't prolong your cycle and others advise you to add food to start your cycle.

When I first started my tank, I asked questions and considered everyone's advice, but...I chose one person to be the person I listened to most. Even if they are not always the most right, it cuts down on a lot of confusion until you get the hang of things yourself.

Good Luck!

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
yeah i want to refrain from scraping off the sponge unless its a threat to my tank. i want to try to feed the tank today for my lovely hitchhikers thanks for the advice leslie

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: