Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2018, 09:31 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Blue colour result on API saltwater test with ammonia?

So i am on day 5 of my cycle and yesterday is when i noticed my ammonia tests were turning blue?? I did a water change, about 20% and left it for the night and tried again today only to be greeted with another test being blue. Anyone have ANY idea of what is going on??

Photo of test
https://i.imgur.com/FCIlya5.jpg

PS I am not using the wrong reagent I have tried this 3 times in a row WITH the ammonia solutions

Last edited by docmilo; 10-16-2018 at 09:35 PM..
Old 10-17-2018, 08:05 AM
The All Powerful OZ
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason: Moderator badge 
Reefer Ratings: (52 (98%)
Friends: (43)
Send a Private Message
I suggest to get another kit.

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before they speak.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

It is far easier to fool people than to show them that they've been fooled.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:30 PM
Reefer Ratings: (3 (100%)
Friends: (10)
Send a Private Message
Looks like a good opportunity to upgrade your testing kit.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:41 PM
Reefer Ratings: (77 (100%)
Friends: (47)
Send a Private Message
I know it's a few months old but I'd figure let me comment anyway:
I started my 60 gallon with an aqua scape made from ceramic so my cycle took me a few months as I didn't have any live rock.with you saying that its day 5 and you still don't have any positive results means to me your expecting your tank to fully cycle in a week..secondly you need to have patients with this hobby and yes I know it's hard to do (as you stare at a bunch of rocks in water)Imy tank took 4 months to completely cycle.FYI get rid of the API test kit as they aren't accurate..get yourself some salifert test kits(I know they are more money but this hobby isn't cheap but (1) it's worth the wait(2) it's very rewarding when you finally achieve the goal of owning a saltwater reef tank