JBiz

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first post here so please forgive my green.

I am in the market for a new skimmer. I have been using an Oceanic Model 4 for almost 10 years on my 60 gal. I set up the tank and it has been running fine (through 4 moves) for almost 10 yrs (didnt have a need for new stuff) so I have lost touch with the hobby/industry a bit. I have the tank stocked with a lot of fish and coral and want to use the skimmer I buy on a future tank (hopefully a 180-200 gal).

I noticed that in addition to the ventrui models there are now euroreef (airating impeller) and Klause skimmers. Are the new skimmers as finicky as the old models? Can anyone provide some insight? good models?

Also, thinking about buying "Corals of the World" J.E.N veron. Anyone got it? what do you think about the series? worth buying?

nymedic

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into the red sea prizm protein skimmer they have one that hangs on your sumpthats rated up to 200gal. I have the smaller one and it works great. It is extremely simple to set up and use. No pump or air stones are needed. I hope this helps you

SW Beginner

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends upon the brand. For the size tank you are looking at you will probably want to go with a skimmer from Lifereef or Euroreef as those seem to be the best on the market right now. They are not cheap but, from what I understand, you get your moneys worth.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: