jumpincactus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I need help with folks. Just installed my GEO calcium reactor.

I had all my target parameters set before setup Calc @ 430

Alk @ 9.5 Now with that done I have setup the reactor, no leaks, pumps run great.

The dialing in is where it gets gray for me. I am not using the Co2 bubble counter, my GEO comes with one. I am running about 1 bubble per second which of course is 60 bubs a minute. I have not checked the effluent Ph. How do I know where to set the drips per sec/minute for the effluent? for best values?

Any input at all will be appreciated. Chime in with anything I have not asked and should have, or anything I seem to have missed.

Hopefully this will be as painless as possible

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A good place to start is about 15 bubbles of CO2 and 60 drips a minute. Check after 24 hours and adjust accordingly.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Geosreef reactor with a Maxijet 1200 feeding it. Mine is set at ~1 bubble per sec and the effluent is just under a steady stream. My effluent is PH is at 6.7. I am using the Sucharan (Gen-X) media.

jumpincactus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rob how steady is you calc and alk. Are you maintaining a good even keel thus far. I am also using the larger Schuran media as George at GEO stated this allows better flow as it doesnt turn to mush as quckly and clog the system.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not gone through the first batch of media in over a year - its about 2/3 gone.

The alk/ca are stable. Took it a few weeks but now stable.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: