steve0199us

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning, have a 75gal on tank, it’s been running fine for about a year, eshopps sump/overflow with DCP-5000 return pump. Recently, the overflow box has been draining slow, my auto top off keeps pumping water in, the water level in the display tank rises above the baffle drain, doesn’t matter how much water is in the tank, the water drains slow into the overflow. The water level in the sump is constantly low which kicks in the ATO to keep running.

The sponge in my over flow is clean, baffles are clean.
The overflow tube is clean and clear.
Water level in my first sump chamber and in the second with protein skimmer is Normal.
the syphon in the overflow is there and workin.

The third chamber with pump is constantly low and the water level in my wank is filled to the max… any advice?

steve0199us

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds to me you have a blockage in your hose /Pvc pipe from overflow to sump.
Nope, I’ve put my mouth on one end and blew straight through, the drain hose is probably 2.5 feet.

The drain hole is clear with air in the middle of the drain circle, just out more water in my tank, now the sits to the baffle are under water, water still draining slow, so confusing since it should be just gravity making it flow

Last edited:

BigA-quariums

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Try putting water from a faucet through the hose see how it comes out the other end into a bucket. The blockage, if there is one, might let air through but it'll slow down water enough

steve0199us

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try putting water from a faucet through the hose see how it comes out the other end into a bucket. The blockage, if there is one, might let air through but it'll slow down water enough
I actually primed the u-tube in the overflow again, I think this did the trick. Will keep an eye on the tank. Always thought the syphon would stay and turn up/down on its own Depending on flow.. Will update if any change.

thanks all for the response

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: