probe dms

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
so you think it wouldnt spread at this point? im getting brownish algae on the glass and sand. i also have a condy in there that appears to be doing great.

HaloStalker

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
idk a little won't hurt but i had a large rock have a little spec of pruple on it and now its all over the other white rockz just takes time.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Patience is the key to this hobby. If you rush you will probably end up losing lots of livestock and that is extremelt frustrating. You're experiencing the diatom part of your cycle. Once that is through you will need to test your water and see if it is ready for livestock. After that with good water quality, coraline will grow.

jhart

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
best way to grow coralline, low light , low phosphates, and do ur water changes. also scrapings will help(spors), it will take about 6 months to grow. Also calcium reactor/ kalk/bi ionic/ seachem , ect.. most important is water changes .. garf grunge if u like the rubble look, loaded with good stuff in there, copods, worms, stars fish, ect...

Last edited:

coralcrazy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
97   1   0
patience....and a bottle of Purpleup!! I have that stuff and it works, just wait till your algae blooms are gone then use purple up....i have put in my nano for the past 3 weeks and had coraline growing everywhere...also keep CA and ALK in check, i love that stuff....

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
patience....and a bottle of Purpleup!! I have that stuff and it works, just wait till your algae blooms are gone then use purple up....i have put in my nano for the past 3 weeks and had coraline growing everywhere...also keep CA and ALK in check, i love that stuff....

:lol2: Just found that funny, really doubt its the purple up. Maybe, just maybe, did i say maybe? it's the CA and ALK being in check ;)

tommy818

tommy818
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
water changes are not the key to coraline growth thats the furtest from the truth i have ever heard the key is low phosphates calcium above 400 alk over 8 and a lighting slightly in the blue spectrum.

coralcrazy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
97   1   0
its started growing on my rocks...as soon as i started dosing....i will prob take a pic when i have time to back up this statment...but the guys on nanoreef gave it decent reviews....the stuff really works when you algae blooms are done and you have a mature tank, but you still need a rock with coraline for it to work.....now about my old tanks i broke them down so fast it didn't have time to grow....trust me a person going home from his college dorms breaking down his tanks for fall and spring breaks drove me crazy...but now that i have a place to live...it have had some time to breathe and get my tank in sync...

Last edited:

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
I'd guess you are being "called out", because many reefers also say "Purple-Up" is a waste of money. Seems like they want photographic evidence that it does work.

BTW, you originally said "coraline growing everywhere", now it's "started growing on my rocks...as soon as i started dosing" :confused: In many tanks I've seen or had, coralline usually starts growing on anything plastic, then glass and finally the rocks. :scratch:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: