lazibonez

Senior Newbie
Rating - 100%
379   0   0
Adam, I have a salt mix comparison chart on different saltmix companies, but its in PDF file. I can email it to you if u like.

If ur concern is only on Cal, Alk, and Mg, then

Corallife is higher in Calcium and Alkalinity
Tropic Marin Pro Reef is higher in Magnesium

I never used Tropic Marin Pro Reef. I heard its great.
I use corallife myself, because of my sps dominated tanks intake, I dose 2 parts using a doser along with manually dosing MG once in a while.

I see a major price difference between these two brands, so its really a matter of budget. If u can afford Tropic Marin, go for it, otherwise Corallife is an inexpensive good saltmix. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

lazibonez

Senior Newbie
Rating - 100%
379   0   0

mray

?
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
That chart on RC is more up to date than the pdf you have. The formula for Reef Crystal was recently changed and the Cal, Alk, and Mg numbers look really good.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
IMO/IME
After having saltwater tanks for almost 15 years......It doesn't make a difference which QUALITY salt that you use. The base is all the same. Additions to the base such as higher alk, cal, mg etc.....doesn't justify the higher prices. Besides a healthy tank will suck down those levels in a day. I say buy a cheap salt that is phosphate free and mixes clear. Coralife is a good choice IMO.

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I agree with Rich, in all honesty will you be dosing Calcuim into your tank or other elements? The main diffrence between brands of salt is the higher levels of certain elements. I have notice that some people pick out the salt they are going to use based on there size to lessen the amout of work they would have to put in chemical wise. Most of their tanks are on the smaller size, and adding buckets of fresh new water once the tank is healthy doesn't really help change the levels as much as you think unless you are doing large WC.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: