gimincorp

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Guys and gals,
I just ran out of stress zyme fluid that I used as a conditioner of the tap water prior to mixing it up with salt and adding it to my tank.
So, I need to buy a new bottle, but looking for your recommendaiton.
Should I buy Amquel+ or another bottle of Stress Zyme?

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I wouldn't use either one. They will probably make your skimmer bubble over. You should try using RO/DI water that can either be made through a filter or bought at the store.

bizarrecorals

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
becareful with the amquel, it does make the skimmer go crazy, and you won't get an accurate reading from your ammonia test kit. Might be more efficient if you purchase cured live rock than using stress zyme. You shouldnt pour stress zyme in tapwater either, bacteria will perish in chlorinated water, pour it directly in to your tank.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
personally i never saw amquel+ do anything. no joke i know someone whos levels in his small 30g tank was so real bad and actually poured an entire 8 ounce bottle in and did nothing, no harm, no cloudlyness, nothing. stress zyme is really more for fresh water. prime like kathyC said is good. personally im a fan of Microbe-lift special blend, TheraP, or Nite Out II. the whole RO thing obviously is the best like everyone stated but if you dont have one, think about Special Blend. big fan.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: