nittinid

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my buddies...just wanted to give you a quick update on my 90 gallon tank that crashed on me about 3 weeks ago.....
!!!!!please help!!!! Tank down!!!!!

I posted some pics to show you how the tank looks...

As of today my levels are...

Salt gravity 1.025
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 5
ph 8.5
temp 78.8

in my previous post of plaease help!!! Tank down...i lost all my livestock due to transfering my 30 gallon to my 90 gallon. (not enough bacteria transfered)i was terrified after seeing my inverts die so quickly and after hereing the effects of copper and how fast it kills inverts..i bought a copper tester and to my relief...my tank tested negetive... :)

kathyc (kool person by the way)advised me to go out and buy an calcium and alk tester,so i went out and bought a (api) reef master test kit...(sighs) i read the instuctions 5 times and i understand what i have to do...but my question is...what do i have to look for when applying the drops and a bigger mystery and to my confusion...when do i know when to stop applying the drops....

I know theres a lot of testers out there..and im hoping someone reads this thread and could shine some light on me...

I have a (api) reef master test kit...and am confused about the (kh) aka (alk) and the calcium test.....

Please help...:)

nittinid

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...i was looking at some hard some soft (corals) i dont want to overload my tank though...i'm looking in the neighborhood of 6-8 fish..and about 10 shrimp...5-8 snails and about 4 crabs...2 green emerald crabs(sump) and 2 hermit crabs for my display....should i be concerned with how much livestock im puting...? Thanks for your time jay...:)

InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
For the ALK the first drop I believe will change the test water blue, keep adding a drop at a time (cap and shake between drops) until the water turns yellow. Now the amount of drops including the 1st one is your DKH. Example 10 drops (total) = 10dkh.
hope this helps.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
With any tests kits you need to carefully follow the directions for each test. Have you managed to get any results yet?

10 shrimp? What types of shrimp do you plan to keep?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: