• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

Melt

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
i have a hydro coral for sale it's a little bigger than a base ball..asking $75

testing0756.jpg

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
sorry not to hijack but just thought to inform the reefers who dont no about this coral it will sting anything on an instance that comes in contact with it... great coral just keep it away from the others...

it really is a beautiful coral i have a piece that is growing very well and is absolutely a gorgeous bright green...

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Tonyscoots84 said:
sorry not to hijack but just thought to inform the reefers who dont no about this coral it will sting anything on an instance that comes in contact with it... great coral just keep it away from the others...

it really is a beautiful coral i have a piece that is growing very well and is absolutely a gorgeous bright green...
Does it send out any sweepers like acros?

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
They have short tentacles that will kill anything they touch. I don't know if they send out long sweepers. I've never seen any at night but I've heard about these causing some serious damage. Make sure you cement it in tight, where ever you put it. You don't want a turbo snail to knock it right on top of your prized......

I had two, one was softball sized the other was small. They are gorgeous.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
They are both beautiful and deadly as described, but thankfully they do not put out long sweepers. Instead, they use their digestive organs (mesenterial filaments) that protrude like a white net of short tentacles and literally digest their neighbors if they get too close. A couple of inches seems to be safe, but they will win a battle with pretty much anything else. I love this coral actually. Nice colony Melt.

Randy

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: