Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
I just purchased a new calcium reactor because unfortunately the MTC doesnt fit under my new stand. This calcium reactor has kept my alk, calcium and mag incredibly stable. It is in my opinion one of the best calcium reactors ever made and is suitable for tanks up to 700 gallons. The reactor has the original blueline 40 pump and it is indestructible.

I modified the reactor and added a port for a PH probe and also changed the configuration of the tubing to prevent any gas build up at the top of main chamber. Basically I changed the tubing so the second chamber pulls effluent from the top of the first chamber and therefore eliminates any trapped air or co2.

The MTC procal has a built in venting system which requires positive pressure in the reactor to function properly. I am using a kamoer dosing pump to feed the reactor and do not have +pressure so I removed the venting system and float valve. I have all the parts that came original on the unit and can reinstall if buyer desires but this thing is running so smoothly I dont see why anyone would want to.

Media pictured will be included with the reactor and a used milwaukee regulator, solenoid, bubble counter, and check valve.

Priced to sell
$375

c72b0b27e751623bde8d39d8543aa596.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
Lowered price. Arm extra coarse and coarse Media are included.
Kamoer, co2 tank, and regulator pictured are not included.
This CalRX was designed and works perfectly fine with a gravity fed intake and does not need a kamoer or any other feed pump to operate although a kamoer will obviously not hurt keeping effluent perfectly consistent.

Without a continuous duty dosing pump I recommend keeping the needle valve open a decent amount to prevent clogging of the unit and ONLY adjusting ph in the reactor to control concentration (strength) of effluent to match your tanks demand.

For instance right now I have a very low daily alk consumption and keep my ph in the reactor around 7.0. I have been testing my alk everynight and it is 8.0 every night when I check it.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: