mbenton

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry this is so long, trying to get it done properly. I don't think I have made any mistakes here, but if I did, I apologize. Please refer to the pics in the original post, as I am not always the best at identifying corals.

1596043384927.png
1596043454481.png
1596043473585.png

Tank 1: 85 gal Tenecor acrylic flat back hexagon, black acrylic base and sump. In-sump protein skimmer Simplicity 240DC (new), CoraLife 1/6 hp chiller (not new, but working well), Viparspectra AquaLight T300 system (new). The tank would benefit from being polished, as there are internal shallow scratches that do not significantly affect visibility but are nonetheless present. Will include Everclear sanding disc kit, an electric disc sander, and Novus plastic polishing solutions. In addition to replacement plumbing fittings should anything leak or break, will include a Pan World Magnet Pump NH-50PX-X replacement pump (in-box and never used), available should the primary pump fail.
Fish: Bicolor blenny, and another blenny, Copperband butterfly, Percula clown, False percula clown, Black and white ocellaris clown, Yellowtail blue damsel, Electric indigo dottyback, Neon blue goby (4, possibly 5), Scopas tang, Humu trigger, Longnose hawkfish, Flame hawkfish
Corals/Inverts: 4 good-sized green and 1 tan/purple leathers, 1 large rose/green bubble tip anemone, hundreds of green/tan/purple palythoas, about 100 sun zoanthids, a few blue mushrooms, a few other things in/around the rocks. Many snails, most nerites and golden astreas, with a few others in the mix. 1 anemone crab. 2 snapping/burrowing shrimp, 1 yellow cucumber (I think, haven’t seen them in a while).
Rock/sand: over 100 lbs of LR, maybe 60 lbs live sand

1596043341074.png
1596043401799.png

Tank 2: 28 gal jbj Nano-Cube with LED lighting and matching stand; mini-skimmer, power center/timer, and powerhead for additional circulation.
Fish: 1 Pair black ice clownfish, royal gramma, 6-line wrasse, green clown goby, starry eyed or lawnmower blenny (not sure which).
Coral/Inverts: 2 rose/green bubble tip anemones (1 with an anemone crab), 1 large mini-maxi anemone, lots of purple pulsating xenia, 1 tan leather coral, at least 2 emerald crabs. Lots of snails, mostly nerite, large cerinth, golden astreas.
Rock/sand: about 20 lb LR, no sand

1596043302357.png
1596043432439.png

Tank 3: 28 gal jbj Nano-Cube with LED lighting and matching stand; mini-skimmer, power center/timer, and powerhead for additional circulation.
Fish: 3 erectus seahorses, 2 males (yellow striated) and 1 female (yellow-white), and 2 male tiger tail seahorses, black/yellow, all eating a variety of small frozen shrimp.
Corals/Inverts: 2 purple ribbon and 1 purple frilly gorgonians, good-sized with many branches, growing well; 1 very small mini-maxi anemone, lots of snail – mostly golden astrea, large cerinths, some others.
Rock/sand:About 10 lbs LR, no sand.

1596043361691.png

Tank 4: 28 gal jbj Nano-Cube with LED lighting and matching stand; power center/timer, and powerhead for additional circulation.
Fish: none
Corals/Inverts: 1 large red hermit – he owns the tank. Some snails, nerites and golden astrea, 1 banded trochus. 1 fairly large leather or cabbage coral, some tree coral
Rock/sand: 15 lbs LR, no sand.

1596043638899.png
1596043699935.png

Tank 5: 29 gal simple glass tank, sponge filters, heater, Viparspectra AquaLight V165 system. Many corals including
Fish: yellow goby, green mandarin,
Corals/Inverts: 3 hammers and a variety of others (blue and red mushrooms, green palythoas, green and blue bubble corals, various LPS and polyps - see pics). 4-5 Halloween hermits, 1 pair of blue coral banded shrimp, 1 pompom crab, 1 sexy shrimp, very many small reef stars and miniature brittle stars, 1 purple candelabra gorgonian, many snails (asthrea, banded trochus, small and large cerinths) and other hermit crabs
Rock/sand: about 20 lb LR, no sand

Also available to anyone who purchases the whole package, or to sweeten any deal, depending upon being able to eventually sell everything:
  • A small freezer with whatever frozen food I have left (currently 6 – 1 lb flat packs of mysis, brine and plankton, along with some trays of various smaller cubes)
  • Unopened salt mix – currently 4 – 60 lb boxes of Instant Ocean Reef Crystals, and an r/o unit. 1 25-gal distilled water container with pump, and a 25-gal mixing tank on wheels.
  • Lots of various unused dry foods, including flakes, nuggets, and seaweed sheets
  • Lots of charcoal and other cleaning, maintenance, and media products.
  • Many lights, bulbs, pumps, filters, fittings, electronics, and other odds and ends, ranging from new in-box to used, accumulated over the last 20 years.
Asking price:
  • Everything (all tanks, livestock, equipment) - $1900
  • Tank 1 with everything listed in the description above- $750
  • Tank 2 with everything listed above- $400
  • Tank 3 with everything listed above- $400
  • Tank 4 with everything listed above- $225
  • Tank 5 with everything listed above- $300 (not selling this tank until tanks 1-4 are sold)
Conditions:
  • Cash, negotiable
  • You must dissemble and move everything you purchase, and we need to accommodate the office schedule (all tanks are in a working medical office).
  • At this time I will ONLY sell each tank and its contents - I cannot break out selected livestock.
  • I am going to unavailable, for the most part, until 8/16 in the evening. If I don't respond promptly to a question/offer, I apologize. I will ultimately address all messages in order, and respond to all offers in the same manner.

Last edited:

Bikelife_sazon

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting out of the hobby after many years. 5 ‘active’ tanks, with loads of livestock and accumulated equipment. Would prefer to sell everything to one buyer, but I will sell individually if that cannot be done.

View attachment 282397View attachment 282400View attachment 282401
Tank 1 – 85 gallon Tenecor, flat back hexagon. Includes acrylic base and sump. In-sump protein skimmer Simplicity 240DC, CoraLife 1/6 hp chiller, Viparspectra AquaLight T300 system. Quite a bit of live rock and sand, many soft corals and a large rose bubble tip anemone. Fish include 1 copperband butterfly, 1 scopas tang, 1 trigger, 1 longnose and 1 flame hawkfish, some clowns, gobies, and blennies, 1 anemone crab, 2 snapping shrimp, many various snails. The tank would benefit from being polished, as there are internal shallow scratches that do not affect visibility but are nonetheless present. Will include Everclear sanding disc kit, an electric disc sander, and Novus plastic polishing solutions. In addition to replacement plumbing fittings should anything leak or break, will include a Pan World Magnet Pump NH-50PX-X replacement pump (in-box and never used), should the primary pump fail.
View attachment 282395View attachment 282398
Tank 2 – 28 gal jbj Nano-Cube with LED lighting and matching stand; mini-skimmer, and powerhead for additional circulation. Live rock with 2 rose/rainbow bubble anemones, 1 large mini-maxi, 1 anemone crab, a pair of black ice clowns, a lawnmower blenny, a 6-lined wrasse, a warpaint goby, a royal gramma, many snails and 2 or 3 emerald crabs.
View attachment 282393View attachment 282399
Tank 3 – 28 gal jbj Nano-Cube with LED lighting and matching stand – mini-skimmer, small pump for circulation. Live rock, 3 large gorgonians, 3 erectus seahorses, 2 tiger tail seahorses, all extremely healthy, large, and eating a variety of small frozen shrimp. Lots of snails, some hermits.

View attachment 282396
Tank 4 – 28 gal jbj Nano-Cube with LED lighting and matching stand – 1 powerhead for circulation, 1 large red hairy crab (Larry), 1 large leather coral, lots of snails. I don’t trust Larry with tank mates of value, but he’s very active and entertaining.

View attachment 282402View attachment 282403
Tank 5 – 29 gal glass tank, sponge filters, heater, Viparspectra AquaLight V165 system. Many corals including 3 hammers and a variety of others. Many Halloween hermits, 1 pair of blue coral banded shrimp, 1 pompom crab, 1 yellow goby, 1 green mandarin, 1 sexy shrimp, many small reef stars, 1 gorgonian, many snails and other crabs.

And – should anyone purchase everything, I will include the following:
  • A small freezer with whatever frzen food I have left (currently 6 – 1 lb flat packs of mysis, brine and plankton, along with a bunch of trays of various smaller cubes)
  • Unopened salt mix – currently 4 – 60 lb boxes of Instant Ocean Reef Crystals, and an r/o unit. 1 25-gal distilled water container with pump, and a 25-gal mixing tank on wheels.
  • Tons of various unused dry foods, including flakes, nuggets, and seaweed sheets
  • Lots of charcoal and other cleaning, maintenance, and media products.
  • Many lights, bulbs, pumps, filters, fittings, electronics, and other odds and ends, ranging from new in-box to used, accumulated over the last 20 years.
Breaking down all of these tanks will be a substantial amount of work, but well worth it, for many thousands of dollars worth of tanks, equipment, healthy livestock, and other stuff. For everything I am asking for $2,000 OBO. If I cannot sell everything to one buyer I will consider selling Tank 1 alone, and then Tanks 2-4, then 5. More photos and info can be provided upon request.
[/QUOTE

how’s it going can you give me a call I’m looking to buy some anemone

mbenton

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All tanks/livestock still available. Lots of people want various things from the tanks, but that creates all sorts of logistical problems for me. What are you interested in?

Twiggy_x3

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in the whole thing I don’t mind keeping it all together, a few technical issues however is one, this is a new hobby for me. I will however have help from an experienced friend who actually referred me to the forum. And two, I don’t think tank 1 will fit in my apartment. I do not own a home. the other 4 tanks I’ll be more than glad to make accommodations for. One in each room. I’m cool with that. Maybe this be a selling option for you? And if so what would the price be with out me taking tank 1. If need be I might be able to take all tanks but I would have to house tank one in another near by location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbenton

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The small tanks are generally quite manageable. $1250 for the 4, and I'll throw in some of the various extras that would be of value to you. taking it all for $2K if you have a place to park the larger tank is a great deal, but it does have a larger footprint so unless you have the room or somewhere to put it or someone to split the deal with, tanks 2-5 might be easier.

mbenton

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One potential benefit for you, as I am ultimately selling everything, is that in addition to tanks and livestock I can give you much or even most of what you will need to support those tanks - various filters, pumps, media, water making and mixing equip, salt, food, freezer, and so on - whatever you might need. Your experienced friend will confirm that accumulating all of that stuff can be costly and time-consuming.

mbenton

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still available. Based on the responses I have had, and the practicalities of selling what I have in the most efficient manner for buyers and for me, I could have organized this better. I will give (only) you that breakdown later today, but I won't have time to redo the whole ad later tonight, so you'll get the "preview".

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: