tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Hey guys/girls, looking to see who's interested in my yellow tip RBTA. This is one of the flame tipped quadricolors going around. 8+ inches now. Also selling my gold striped maroon pair. He hasn't moved since i put him in about 4-5 months ago. He's getting too big and i would rather use the space for other coral. The tips aren't bubbled anymore. I would like this anemone to go to someone that knows what they are doing with anemones. I have to take my tank apart almost completely to get him out so making a post before i do so.

Asking 180$ for the clowns and the anemone together. The anemone itself goes for about 200$. Trying to not sell separately. Female is 2-3" and the male is just shy 1". Female is also not super agressive as most maroons tend to get.

Here are pics from when i got it. Last pic is current just past lights on so not opened fully. I recommend a blue tank for this anemone, the tips really glow under blue bulbs or heavy actinics.

btavv2.jpg

bta2na9.jpg

clown1mi0.jpg

00493806.jpg

Last edited:
F

fonty

Rating - 100%
330   0   0
Would I be able to fit the Anemone and the Clowns in a 12 gallon aquapod by themselves if I remove the rocks and just leave in the sand?

Oh, and these are the PC lights not HQI.

Thanks

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Entacmaea quadricolor don't live in sandbeds.

BTAs

Excerpt: In the wild Entacmaea is most often encountered in rocky crevices... wedged twixt... and if disturbed, pulled back out and away from touch. Positioning your specimen in such an area (it will move itself... please allow it to do so) will aid its settling in. Having lots of good quality live rock, live sand (either purchased or made from inoculated LR) with its complementary assortment of infauna is requisite. I've already mentioned the value of bommies... free-standing piles of rock to isolate your anemone from eels, and other stinging-celled life... These are really neat means of isolating (using the sand/gravel as a functional "moat" your anemone/s.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: