D

DEEPWATER

I have right now a coral life MH ,,i have 2 ,175w 10k and 2 , 94w x 4ft long vho actinics..does someone on MR sell bulbs or can anyone refer me to a good place to get bulbs ,,i want to swich to 14 or 20 k and replace my actinics as well,,,the MH are the screw on type ,if that helps ,

Last edited:

paul

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
I have right now a coral life MH ,,i have 2 ,175w 10k and 2 , 94w x 4ft long vho actinics..does someone on MR sell bulbs or can anyone refer me to a good place to get bulbs ,,i want to swich to 14 or 20 k and replace my actinics as well,,,the MH are the screw on type ,if that helps ,

Aquaconnect 14k 1 month old $80 - this is the German very expensive bulb.
Aquaconnect 14k 6 months old $40

Here`s a pic, left side = AC14K, right side = XM 10K

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/pwilk20/DSCN0070.jpg

Also got 1 month old Hamilton 14K for $40

Paul.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
i would like to get 2 new ones if i can ,,or 2 of the same usage.....how many watts?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
have you seen 20K's ? they are really blue.and 20k 175's would be pretty dim looking.

I'm using URI actinics, they are about as blue as it gets.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
cool i will ...but is the 20k good that its dim or not good ?
which brand do i get for MH?i have a reef tank

Last edited:
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
should i stay on the 10 k ,,,i see in that site reeflux MH 10k bulbs are they good ?

paul

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
i would like to get 2 new ones if i can ,,or 2 of the same usage.....how many watts?

I do have 2 of each. 175W.

Hamilton 14K one month old $40 each, and Aquaconnect 14K one month old $80 and another six months old $40.

You are probably wondering why the difference in age, as you can see from the link below, I was experimenting with different bulbs on my old 65 gal. So, one side was lit by 14K and the other by 10K no acctinics. Since I have upgraded to a 210 reef, I am no longer in need of 175W bulbs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/pwilk20/DSCN0070.jpg

IMO, the AC 14K are by far the best looking bulbs for a reef tank, in the six months I have not noticed any deminished growth of SPS compared to the 10K XM.

The Hamiltons, I did not like. Color was nice but not as intense as the AC. If I remember correctly, the AC has almost double the par of the Hamiltons.

If you`d like, you can keep the bulbs for a week, and if you`re not happy I`ll take them back no problem with that.

Paul.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: