• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Well, I have indeed learned a few things.

I went back and viewed, downloaded and printed (some) all the files for lectures and readings.

I know there have been complaints about the readability of files.

From what I saw, all the lectures and the included charts are quite readable. If you are using Reader, a jpeg viewer, Internet Explorer, Navigator, or even photoshop, you can click or select the zoom function and even see the fine print. For those few that are hard to read 9for example, the Schumacher chart of hermatypes in this week's lecture), that is as good as the copy is, so if you need to knowsomething in particular, post it here, and I will read it from the original if I can.

Now, i also learned a few other things. First, I learned that my scans and sends on Word to upload as pdf works out much better than the copier James is using to convert to pdf...for example, the reading material. Dang, I can barely read it, even enlarged. However, I don't know if there is a better option that we can all put together. I just hope you all have your books very soon so we can eliminate this whole scan and post format (except for the lectures and associated files, quizzes, etc., which seem to be coming out fine).

As far as the optional text, Aquarium Corals, the reading material will be light enought hat we can manage scanning it.

But, I hope you all have or purchase this book anyway, if only to make me smile :)

nudge nudge.

OK, so if any of you are having problems with a particular file, viewing it, etc., and you have tried your text zoom function in your application, please let us know in this thread. Judging by the way I have viewed it, it may be a problem with your functionality and not the files, per se...but, we will work to make sure you have full access to any information posted.

thanks everyone

Eric

A

Anonymous

i believe the problem was when we downloaded and then directly printed the material, as most of us do. i had several that were illegible, and my printer and system are as good as they get. no question that most of them worked on screen when enlarged, but then you couldn't fit to page to print. life will be nicer when that damn second volume becomes available, if it becomes available. my discussions with the publisher led me to believe it is still iffy. apparently, there is only one small group of homo sapiens looking for that text, and your communicating with them!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: