Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chalice about 3 years in my tank it is doing great but the outside of the chalice all around is starting to receed. You can see the skeleton about one eight of an inch all the way around. Besides that it looks great. Nit 0 cal 465 kh 10 mag 1550 pos 0. All other sps growing like crazy. Is this a problem .

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
We recently had the same thing with a Watermelon Chalice. Ended up having to take it to the LFS where a friend had to cut around the edge with thier bandsaw. We tried everything. More light, less light,more flow, less flow, feeding, none of it worked. Good luck I hope it works out for you!

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
We recently had the same thing with a Watermelon Chalice. Ended up having to take it to the LFS where a friend had to cut around the edge with thier bandsaw. We tried everything. More light, less light,more flow, less flow, feeding, none of it worked. Good luck I hope it works out for you!

Same here with a different chalice. Had to cut off skelaton and just a bit of the tissue. Its been fine since then. The resession started very slow on mine but it sped up as the days went by.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: