MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
there are alot of different species of asterinas stars...some good and some bad....just keep an eye on them. I literally have thousands of them, most are harmless algae grazers, but when I see one eating a zoa etc..I take it out.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Mike, so far I have a few of algae asterinas on glass which I remove with a net. I see a few on LR. I saw one on base of SPS but was just walking to LR. Had no interest in SPS. I was reading that once they finish algae some eat coral. I got no Zoas. What's your opinion on Harlequin Shrimp? I know once they eat all of them you got to feed him or get him out. Do you think a scarlet hawk will go after him. My guy is small and doesn't bother my hermit crabs.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
kathyc posted an pic id between the two, somewhere on here.
i have the harmless ones, when i see them i pick them out with a long tweezer. if i keep up with it i don't see them for a while.

jhart

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
If the population gets out of hand pick up a harlequin shrimp , and let him go to work. when he's done either trade him off to someone else or buy him a star fish once a week to feed him. He will die if you do not feed him. Amazing creatures Btw.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: