Joeb

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
so ive had this thing for a few months now about a week or so ago I noticed the green tips are fading and the polyps seem to be shrinking.
water parameters are good (ill retest tonight and share the numbers)
do you guys thing this is new growth or bleaching? I have a radion and this piece was in the middle of the light. do you think it it getting too much light? I moved it into the corner to take the pic and also to get it out of some of the light.
sorry for the vagueness
Also happy fathers day to all!!

also here is a link to another thread with a friends lps I am having problems with if anyone cares to help with thathttp://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/lps/148633-please-help-me-restore-salvage-my-friends-coral.html#post1356726

Attachments

• 20130616_124325 (Small).jpg
    20130616_124325 (Small).jpg
    25 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:

BuGG

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Check water params and post it here. Shrinking or disappearing polyps doesn't sound like growth to me. Are there any nearby coral frags that could sting it?

Joeb

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
been busy the past few days just got done with water test and this is what I have. I guess my levels weren't as good as a thought

temp usually around 79 80 but have ben getting spikes as high as 82.3
salinity .026
dkh 8- 8.5
cal 420
mg 1240-1280
no2 0
no3 0
nh3 0
ph 8.2 (edited probe was out of calibration)

have an mtc procal that is pretty new (set up past 3- 4 weeks)
effluent rate is about 35 ml per min
and bubble count is 1 bubbles every 3 seconds

Last edited:

Joeb

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
ok I just started dosing redsea reef foundation c. I only put in 50 ml. does anyone know of a calculator for this? I looked on the reef chemistry calculator but that chemical is not on there.
I have a 45 gallon display with a 20 gallon sump I would say total system capacity is around 55 gallons.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: