Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
run the skimmer intake air from out side.

+1 VIo you tought me that when you came over last year. And now we do that with the Upstairs tank and gonna do that with the basement shallow tank.

That was deff a dirrerence.

we Skim 24/7 never shuts off. Only when feeding for a few hours.

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Tank Temp 78 79 I Changed 15 Gals Got More Snails And Hermits..I Got A Phosban Reactor. The Vertex Was Too Big. I Got A Few Frags I Couldnt Resist. The Frags I Got Seem To Be Holding Color Even Slight Growth. I Added Special Blend First Dose A Few Days Ago. I Want To Add Something To The Reactor. I Have Rowa . I Can't Find Flourish Additive On Marine Depot. I Wanna Add More Flow But Want To Order Everythimg From The Same Place If Anyine Can Tell Me Where To Find Flourish . Gonna Vac The Sump And Do A 15 Gal Change This Weekends.Im Starting To See More Coraline So I Think Im On The Right Track. WHat Is The Best Dip Dont Like Rx. Not Much New Color On Faded Coral BUt No Loss On New Ones The Oldest Being About A Month.Can Anyone Suggest How To Start Phos Reduction Not Lookimg To Strip But Just Keep Low. Thanks For The Help I Was Gettin Fustrated But Im Learning ANd I See A Track Of Improvent SO Thats Good Enough For Me For now

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Got Flourish Started A Few Days A Go Got More Flow. Did Big Water Change With Sea Water Jugs To See If Ny Rodi Bad. NO Change Some Of New Frags Starting To Fade One Stn Slight At Bottom. I Am At A Loss What To . Algae And Dinos.Are Nasty Gonna Add 20Grams Rowa Today. I Tried Everything Under The Sun Im Just Gonna Give Up. Keep The Fish And What Ever Sps That Still Lives . Im Pissed These Were Nice Frags I Really Thought They Were.Gonna Be Good I Have Bad Growth Too . I Tried Everyrhing Except Test Potassium And Iodine I Didnt Want To Waste Money On Test For.This I ChaNge Water Every Week With Esv I SHouldnt Be Depleted In K And Iodi.E. I Dont Knlw What To Do Except Give up.

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Temp.Barely Swings A Degree .Ph 8.1 And 8.23 In Day Alk9 Cal 440 Mag 1440 Phls .02 Hanna I Think Its Higher Because Of Algae. Alk Always The Same Test All Different Times. It Almost Looks Like Some Of The Corals Appear Dried Out Looking. You Pared The Tank So It CaNt Be Light Issue. It Sucks I Thought It Was Gonna Get Better.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Temp.Barely Swings A Degree .Ph 8.1 And 8.23 In Day Alk9 Cal 440 Mag 1440 Phls .02 Hanna I Think Its Higher Because Of Algae. Alk Always The Same Test All Different Times. It Almost Looks Like Some Of The Corals Appear Dried Out Looking. You Pared The Tank So It CaNt Be Light Issue. It Sucks I Thought It Was Gonna Get Better.

Wow, Sorry to hear that.

empire

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I bet your phos is killing your corals. Try to find someone with a low range phos meter. I have a friend who was using a Hanna checker for phos. It gave him readings of .05. He then used a low range checker and found out his phos was actually .38. I used a Hanna for my phos and got a reading of .02. Low range reading .04. As far as Dino goes, ultra algea x worked for me.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Got Flourish Started A Few Days A Go Got More Flow. Did Big Water Change With Sea Water Jugs To See If Ny Rodi Bad. NO Change Some Of New Frags Starting To Fade One Stn Slight At Bottom. I Am At A Loss What To . Algae And Dinos.Are Nasty Gonna Add 20Grams Rowa Today. I Tried Everything Under The Sun Im Just Gonna Give Up. Keep The Fish And What Ever Sps That Still Lives . Im Pissed These Were Nice Frags I Really Thought They Were.Gonna Be Good I Have Bad Growth Too . I Tried Everyrhing Except Test Potassium And Iodine I Didnt Want To Waste Money On Test For.This I ChaNge Water Every Week With Esv I SHouldnt Be Depleted In K And Iodi.E. I Dont Knlw What To Do Except Give up.

Stop doing frequent water changes, this is leading to your systems instability. Start using Nite-out II and Special Blend together. Don't use Rowa, and never antibiotic slime removers. Sucks that you lost corals, but if you leave things alone, along with bacterial supplements, your system will be capable of keeping healthy growing SPS again. It's not as difficult as you think.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: