Carrillowilliam

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 87.5%
21   3   0
I am curious to know how you guys glue your SPS frags to the rocks? I Have heard of people using epoxy but does that really cure well underwater, I'm not trying to take out rock that has existing corals on it out of the tank and glue/expoxy it outside the tank

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
It dries under water. I glue the frag plug or frag to a small piece of rubble with superglue. Then i glue a ball of a epoxy with superglue to the rubble. Add more superglue to the epoxy and smush it to a rock in the tank.

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Gel superglue works just fine. As long as it's cyanoacrylate it should be fine. I use IC Gel which is probably one of the most economical ways to go. It comes in a larger sized tube which comes in handy. If the coral is not mounted to a plug you can build a small ball of glue on the bottom of the frag sometimes it helps to dip the frag back into the water while you are building the ball of glue up. Then just place the frag into the rock you want to glue it to. Slightly moving the frag when you first place it will help set the glue into the cracks and crevices of the rock. The glue sets up fairly quickly underwater.

Yariel0527

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used epoxy before but I found this glue at Michaels made by Arleen's for metal and jewelry I been using it for over 2yrs and it works really good to glue directly to the rock its completely safe to use in a reef when I get a chance I will post a pocture of so you see how it looks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: