brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
Now that my sps tank is up and running. I have some wild colonies ( only 1 or 2 survive ) and others thats doing good so far. Was wondering whats yall top 10 sps and pix if you have. I'm still learning about them and collecting slowly.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
1. Oregon Blue Tort
2. Blue Slimer
3. Any millepora
4. Pink Lemonade
5. Pearlberry
6. Tyree Lime in the Sky
7. Any Abrolhoesensis
8. Purple Crush
9. Cream base - red polyp samoensis
10. Wild Aussie Staghorn - mint base and deep green polyps (green version of Ultimates Blue Stag)

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My advise about SPS is buy Aquacultured Coral. Especially if your system only be running last than a year. They do much better than buying small colony that are Mariculture. Even if it's a frag you are better off.
I like what everybody said also would add Fire and Ice SPS and Hawkins to list.

brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
yea no more wild colonies for me. I just picked up a nice size frag of the red planet. I have a strawberry shortcake thats alil brown. idk if he needs more light or less light. Its in the middle/ with good flow. I heard it may take awhile for it to color up. I have 1 millie which i need to add more

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Strawberry to me I find it pretty harder than my others. It is best to place in middle with a good flow. The right amount of light is key to strawberry. Too much light more red and less light to green. You can try pink Millie or hot pink bird nest. I got hot pink bird nest as a frag and was very pink. But it turn less pink. So I placed it high on top. As of yellow I brought a wild one that turned green.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Wild colonies, especially Aussie colonies IMO should only go into aged stable tanks. They need really clean water. Aquacultured colonies do very well and you can catch some real gems. Don't get caught up on names and focus on what looks good. That is not to say that there aren't some beautiful "LE" corals that are worth getting.

Shades Of Fall
Red/Purple Dragons
Torts
Slimmers
Shortcakes
Most stags are hardy and look great as colonies
lokani's are some of my favorites
Efflo's

These are some of my favorites

brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
I actually have pink, purple ( i think ), and tyree rainbow stylos. My red dragon is starting to take off. At first it wasn't doing well. I just picked up shades of fall frag yesterday.For as my SS Im going to move it to a different spot and see what happens. I guess I have to put lokani's and Efflo's on my wish list.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: