Ryno

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a frag of pocillopora about a week ago. I placed it onto the sand to acclimate it to my lights. It has good polyp extension but one of my snails knocked it over and it layed on its side for 18 to 20 hours. I propped it back up but now it looks like the tissue is dead in all of the places that it came in contact with the sandbed. Is it possible that the sand killed the tissue? or should I be checking for something else? Also should I cut off all of the dead spots to stop the tissue necrosis?

Alk 8.4
Cal 410
Mag 1450
temp 80
salinity 1.026

Attachments

• IMG_0607 (2).JPG
    IMG_0607 (2).JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 184

tomjof

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
yea the sand most likely killed it, if you want you can check for other things, but its most likely the sand. Also fragging off the dead part wouldn't hurt, but they are super hardy so usually it'll just grow around it.

JBNY

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sand probably caused the recession. Hopefully it will be fine in the long run. I have had so many frags fall in the sand, some for days before I notice them. I don't remember one that I lost because of it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: