Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi everyone. I just got a slew of frags in the to Fragtoberfest Live Auction and I don't have as many large enough holes in the rock work to hold the frags where I would have really wanted them. What putty or other stuff do you use to hold your knew frags on pegs to the rock?

JBNY

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use IC gel with epoxy. Roll the epozy in a little ball, put a dab of gel on one side, stick the frag in the gel and into the epoxy a little, turn it over and put another dab of gel on the opposite site then stick it to the rock work. Works better than IC gel alone, you can pretty much stick it to anything.

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
I use IC gel with epoxy. Roll the epozy in a little ball, put a dab of gel on one side, stick the frag in the gel and into the epoxy a little, turn it over and put another dab of gel on the opposite site then stick it to the rock work. Works better than IC gel alone, you can pretty much stick it to anything.
+1. This has worked the best for me as well.

JBNY

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any are pretty much fine as long as they are reef safe. I used to use a Home Depot one for years, lately been using TLF but before that I used DD all worked about the same. The IC gel is what gets it to stick, the epoxy when it hardens, keeps it there.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: