jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Just curious what lighting, and how many hours peak lighting are you running. This seems to vary quite a bit from tank to tank, and isn't discussed much. In my current tank, The t5 and LED are supplemental and run for 10-12hrs The 400w halide runs for 6 hours as the peak lighting. I realize that many of you run LED and T5 so please share your lighting schedule. Thanks.

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
I use an ATI LED Powermodule with two 48? Reefbrite Tech Blue strips, one on each side. My blue LEDs on the power module start ramping up at 5 AM to noon (30% maximum). The outer channel on the T-5s start ramping up between 7 AM to 8 AM. At that point the inner channel starts ramping from 9 AM to 10 AM. The T-5s are at full power from 11 AM to 4:30 PM. The inner channel ramps down until 6 PM, outer channel to 7 PM, and the blue LEDs ramp down until 9 PM. Reefbrites are on from 4:30 PM to 10 PM. I use both ATI & Fauna Marin bulbs.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
ai sol blue ran 6 hours a day from 5pm to 11 pm dials up to max of 55% rb 45% blue and 35% white ate peak, peak is 2 hours

I just realized that you say it right, or do it right, meaning I see a lot of LED users go 100% on their fixtures for x amount of time..maybe why they fry their stuff..

My 80 gal is SPS dominant with 4 bulbs from 11 to 7pm and all 6 from 1 to 5pm

My 265 rebuild I'm planning 3 kessil a260we going down the center and 2 T5 rows, the entire 7' of tank, on the fron and back sides of tank. I think I'll give led the longer photoperiod.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: