BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Hi, ok I've got an idea why mari and wild colonies sometimes don't adjust well to most tanks. My theory is that for however many months or years they've been growing their daylight hours have been roughly a full 12 different from NY. They spend a day or 2 in shipping then go into a store or our tank which we keep lights on when we're up. Maybe the corals have a hard time making the adjustment similar to the way people that work nights never really get used to it.
Just a theory.

SuRFeR BoY

BooSten Audi A4 -Aim
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
What are your paramiters? For me wild frags that are cut from colonies all do amazing but maricultured mini colonies are a struggle. More than half don't make it or they start off great, grow twice the size and then stn or rtn. I gave up on maricultured a while ago.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Believe it or not the only sps I've ever lost was due to my own stupidity. I mean I did lose some when I transferred from one tank where they none were doing well onto another tank. They RTN to the tenth power! But aside from that I've been lucky. Cal-420+,MAG-1450+,Alk-10,sg-1.025 and T5HO lights 10 hrs a day. Right now I still have some mari colonies from early last year and there doing great! One particular colony was a weird green but has about an inch of blue at the tip of every branch :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: