MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
...having trouble Iding this one as it grew to a colony now...got it as a frag of Atl. Raspberry Sherbet and since I have never seen a colony I just assumed it was till it grew, but recently, after some research, the Sherbet is a Nasuta so it wouldn't table like mine has so I'm thinking its probably a Mirabilis which I know is similar to a Red Planet, but less red...here is a pic of it and my Red planet also for comparison ...
IMG_4360_zpsvv70nroh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Red planet
IMG_4414_zpsjlbe9okk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Doesn't look like Christmas Mirabilis to me. However, I've seen the red vary with Christmas Mirabilis. Mine has a red similar to the red planet but I've seen plenty with more of a pink color. I say the original label stands accurate.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Kworker thanks for e reply, it's not so much the color, but the growth pattern. Colors on SPS can vary depending on a lot of factors like lighting, water parameters etc...sometimes even the growth can be effected by the strength of the water flow, but not to the extent of a vertical coral growing like a plate....time will tell because I do have a frag of the Mirabilis and my reason for doubting is the growth and color are almost the same.

Thanks Mike...if you want a frag we can always trade...also your toxic green chalice is growing well and I'll have a frag for you.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: