jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0

Thanks Vincent!

Looks great Rich. Interesting that you raised the color temp to 14K for photography. I modified the AB template for 3 hrs. of 14K at the height of the program--- I need my non-blue viewing hours )

Thanks Randy. What K is the standard AB+ template? Looks like toothpaste lol. Corals respond well to it, but looks much more blue than a 20k radium halide. I might have even been 13.5k for this video, don't remember, just looked at the tank for the best spectrum to my eye.

Last edited:
Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Thanks Vincent!

Thanks Randy. What K is the standard AB+ template? Looks like toothpaste lol. Corals respond well to it, but looks much more blue than a 20k radium halide. I might have even been 13.5k for this video, don't remember, just looked at the tank for the best spectrum to my eye.
Ha. Yeah it is too blue for me probably closer to 18K for most of the cycle. Corals do like it though. I figured if I used the template settings for 3 hrs on each end and I gave them 3 hrs of 14K during my prime viewing hours we'd have the best of both worlds. So far so good. I do think the 14K setting is very nice. FWIW Sanjay runs 12K ( which is all channels at 100%) exclusively with tremendous results. 12K is a little too white for me.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Ha. Yeah it is too blue for me probably closer to 18K for most of the cycle. Corals do like it though. I figured if I used the template settings for 3 hrs on each end and I gave them 3 hrs of 14K during my prime viewing hours we'd have the best of both worlds. So far so good. I do think the 14K setting is very nice. FWIW Sanjay runs 12K ( which is all channels at 100%) exclusively with tremendous results. 12K is a little too white for me.

I just put them on 12k 100% to see what it looks like ....... WOW!!! Super Bright! I don't know how Sanjay doesn't burn his corals. He must have a very high nutrient level or have these lights far from the water surface.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
I just put them on 12k 100% to see what it looks like ....... WOW!!! Super Bright! I don't know how Sanjay doesn't burn his corals. He must have a very high nutrient level or have these lights far from the water surface.

He does have a high nutrient load. I'm not exactly sure how high off the water he hangs his lights I'll find out.

Rating - 100%
278   0   0

Sanjay Does keep very high Nutrients !!

His parameters are Alk 9-11, Ca 400, Mg 1350-1440, No3 20-40, PO4 .12-.22, Sr 9

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Wow, NOT high Nutrients ??????? , NO3 20- 40 , PO4 0.12 to 0.22 , i am confuse ?!/!?:scratch:

They were saying that he does keep a high nutrient tank. My nitrates have been creeping up... currently somewhere between 10ppm-25ppm. Phosphate still low .03 Corals responding well.

Im at the 8 week mark with the Radion G4, still going well. Growth is not the best that I ever had, but it's decent. Colors are not the best that I've ever had, but they're decent :)

IMG_2103 by rich colombo, on Flickr

IMG_2099 by rich colombo, on Flickr

IMG_2098 by rich colombo, on Flickr

IMG_1962 by rich colombo, on Flickr

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: