Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2017, 03:40 PM
Cherry Collector
Reefer Ratings: (163 (99%)
Friends: (39)
Send a Private Message
Tank is looking great!
Old 06-30-2017, 04:36 PM
Reefer Ratings: (41 (100%)
Friends: (5)
Send a Private Message
Good choice they are the only leds i would run. If you have any questions about the programming lmk I've been messing with them for a while now.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:32 AM
SPS KILLER
Reefer Ratings: (96 (99%)
Friends: (30)
Send a Private Message My Facebook View jackson6745's Twitter Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by afernandez View Post
Whao!! Please do report back !

I would love to hear your findings.
Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh207 View Post
Whoa!!! Welcome back!
I can honestly say that I never could have seen this switch coming.
I too run Radions, but my colors never looked half as good as yours did with your previous tank.
I'll be watching this closely.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I honestly couldn't stand LED's. IMO results were terrible and the disco look was horrible, not to mention very expensive. My previous setup had a very good nutrient balance and of course the 400w radium. I had more time then, it made things easier. This physically looks good and I m seeing more growth tips in only a few days... we'll see. I received no discount on these units, they're f-ing expensive, and I will be their toughest critic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE NY View Post
Sell out....LOL. Seriously Rich good luck with them. If I were to switch I would probably do Radions too just for the versatility of options , but IMO Radiums on Hamilton magnetic HQIs are hard to beat.....tagging along.

I still have my Giesemann Spectra picture on standby Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent naval View Post
Lol, Welcome to the club! I hope you enjoy the new look of your tank.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBNY View Post
Looks good Rich, congratulations on the switch. Still too expensive for me to switch from MH.

Keep us posted on how it goes.
Will do Joe. Yes, it would be a very expensive leap on a tank your size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefiness View Post
They pay for themselves with the savings. Especially if you need to run a chiller. I have my tank in the basement so I don't use a chiller and it still made sense to switch when I did the math. I used to run 2x250, now I run 2 radios and 2xt5 bulbs and I'm still ahead.

I never needed a chiller on any of my halide/t5 tanks, but the LED does give off way less heat, and I love the functionality. In my case I can't see it paying for itself because if I like them, I will likely upgraded to the new best model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycreef View Post
hey Rich,
You may wind up going back to MH's like me in the end, I kept my radions for dawn dusk and went back to 400 watt MH radiums for 6 hours of power growth and color punch.
Ahhh yes, R & R ( Radiums & Radions ) Rest & Relaxation finally!
Best of both worlds
lol, that I don't have room for

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattreef View Post
Nice! Welcome to the Radion club. I just finished the upgrade to all G4 pros and boy it looks great. I'm running the AB PHX template which I think you might like a little better--maybe not quite as blue.
I was looking at the phx template. It looked better to me, I just figured that the AB+ might be better while corals become acclimated to the new light. I know you've been having great success with these lights, and you're one of the reasons that I made the switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshur View Post
Lol . Dont come crying on my shoulder that your colors suks ))
Good luck bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL you know that will be the case if they suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuska View Post
Tank is looking great!
thanks bud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonomo53 View Post
Good choice they are the only leds i would run. If you have any questions about the programming lmk I've been messing with them for a while now.

Thanks, I might take you up on that offer. I'll tinker around with settings once I get more time. I appreciate it.

Jackson's 115G SPS Cube
Old 07-01-2017, 03:26 PM
Reefer Ratings: (39 (100%)
Friends: (24)
Send a Private Message
Hi rich I'll be looking to sell my G3 radion soon got a few yrs outta them call it boredom lack of success whatever just ready to try something new I never really ran a mh / t5 combo so gonna give it a shot !!

My experience with radion I love the way they look loved the blue led and the controllability was great although like you I found the program to be far from user friendly and every time I had to adjust them I was cursing and getting frustrated I'm borderline computer illiterate though
When one of my G3 crapped out recently I said enough I need something simple tried and true enough aggravation!

Good luck I've seen amazing tanks with radions and I'm sure you will have success with them

Old 07-01-2017, 09:56 PM
Addicted
Reefer Ratings: (54 (100%)
Friends: (34)
Send a Private Message
Confirmed: Rich's account was hacked. Pictures are clearly photoshopped and over saturated.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:07 PM
vio
Reefer Ratings: (77 (99%)
Friends: (62)
Send a Private Message
Make sure, you keep the......... ........... recipient for return .lol
Old 07-06-2017, 03:01 AM
www.reeftrends.com
Vendor: Vendor - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (44 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Rich if you didn't get a discount you shopped at the wrong place...

Can't believe you went dark side, or is it light side!?
Old 07-19-2017, 12:02 PM
SPS KILLER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattl22 View Post
Hi rich I'll be looking to sell my G3 radion soon got a few yrs outta them call it boredom lack of success whatever just ready to try something new I never really ran a mh / t5 combo so gonna give it a shot !!

My experience with radion I love the way they look loved the blue led and the controllability was great although like you I found the program to be far from user friendly and every time I had to adjust them I was cursing and getting frustrated I'm borderline computer illiterate though
When one of my G3 crapped out recently I said enough I need something simple tried and true enough aggravation!

Good luck I've seen amazing tanks with radions and I'm sure you will have success with them

The whole time I've been avoiding LED because of lack of spread. I had a g2 over my frag talk and it was disgusting. Looked like a disco ball over the tank lol. It's still freaking expensive, but seeing the spread of the g4 gave me the courage to take a plunge with 2 fixtures over my tank. This ended up being the perfect coverage. With older led's I felt the need for 4 fixtures for complete coverage which is not feasible. We'll see, so far so good. If they end up sucking, I'll be the first one to expose any inadequacy. I don't get emotionally attached to my equipment (except for my 400w radium )

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideit6578 View Post
Confirmed: Rich's account was hacked. Pictures are clearly photoshopped and over saturated.
lol. New video post coming. About a month with these lights. So far so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio View Post
Make sure, you keep the......... ........... recipient for return .lol
There's always an LED nut to buy them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Trends View Post
Rich if you didn't get a discount you shopped at the wrong place...

Can't believe you went dark side, or is it light side!?
Until I saw the coverage of these fixtures, I thought all LED fixtures suck for SPS unless you stack them..... which gets very pricey. We'll see. Very happy so far.

Jackson's 115G SPS Cube
Old 07-19-2017, 12:02 PM
SPS KILLER
Current video
https://youtu.be/lOueLabBZ50

Jackson's 115G SPS Cube
Old 07-19-2017, 12:06 PM
Reefer Ratings: (67 (100%)
Friends: (20)