nycearnestchink

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i noticed corals in my tank one side of the sps is colorful, and the other side is brown or pale or no polyp extension as much as the front side , my green slimer is turning redish with hints with neon fading , could this be a lighting issue ? i only run 1 kessil 360we . i dont dose or anything yet, using reef crystals , Phosphates with hanna URL with number ranging from 8 to 15 , nitrates dosing KN03, to maintain from 3 - 5 ppm , had a issue getting nitrate up so i started dosing. tank is about 5 months old using live rock. i would say alk ranges from 8.0 at lowest and new water changes brings it up to around 9.0 to 9.2 testing with red sea kit foundation, not sure why everytime i test mag it seems to be in the 1800 to 1900 range, which seems a bit high . looking for any advice .. thx

IBernE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Your Mag is definitely high. Should be around 1300-1400 ideally. Not sure that it?s causing your issues though. Still a rookie and specially with SPS. I only have two lol

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Sounds like a lighting issue to me. LED lights leave heavy shadows on the far sides of corals which can lead to this. If the sides of the coral that you're saying are getting pale are on the side the light is not hitting, then it's 100% the light.

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
U missing lot of info that will narrow the cause of the problem
A kesisl a360we is more then enough for a nano!!!
So i thi k u should tell us wht size tank, flow also, how many fish, etc. Also why u decided to ?dose? nitrates?? Theres other ways to raise them
Since u dont dose i guess u rely on water changes?? How often??

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
If u using 1 kessil im guessing ur tank is not that big. So maybe just maybe im guessing 1 power head might be straight hitting the flow at the sps since just 1 side of the tanks sps r not doing good.
Post a pic if u can

nycearnestchink

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
IM 40 not aii trigger cube sump cube 2 mp10 , running on mag drive 3 return pump. , with refugium , I dose nitrates because I could never register any nitrate at all with red sea nitrate test kit hmm I'll do all tests tommrow to give you guys a better idea

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: