toptank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the normal timer that you can get at home depot.

Rapid Tissue Necrosis (RTN) I have a artical on RTN on my web site.

Barry

golfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Barry, regarding room temp. I use a large fan to blow air from the living room to the tank room. I also have a ceiling fan in the tank room. I run 2x250 watt HQI's and a 400 watt Iwasaki with 4x55watt PC's on my 150. I have 3 canpoy fans, a 12" fan blowing over the sump, a ceiling fan and a fan blowing air from the living room. I still can't keep my high temp below 82...150 gal tank.

I shooting for a chiller next year.

Mark

Greg Hiller

Just a bum in Boston
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
The reason I asked about A. gemmifera and A. humilis is that I believe these are particularly suseptible to RTN, and sometimes it starts with these and then moves onto others. The last RTN episode I had was in a frag tank. I added a VERY small piece of wild collected A. gemmifera (or very similar species) without giving it the usual Lugol's dip. The RTN spread to much of the frag tank, but I used the chloramphenicol treatment, and saved several pieces. This is one scary thing when it happens. FWIW, the temp was not above 80 F (it was spring in New England). A. gemmifera, and I believe also A. humilis are from a very high energy zone of the reefs. They need very strong water movement, and probably do not have very good abilities to 'clean themselves' the way some Acros might.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: