Rich-n-poor

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I have what I think is an sps coral in my tank that hitch hiked on some rock.

I will have a very poor picture posted soon but here is a short description.

it has a branch structure like this...
\/|/
\| /
\|/

it looked like a dead skeleton when I added the rock it was on to the tank then I began to notice tenecles at the ends of the branches. The more tenencles then a red flesh started to grow down the stalk of the structure.

It gets more and more poluyps as time passes and the skeleton is slowly being covered with a red tissue could this be an SPS coral ?

I am only running 110 watts of powercompact on this 37 so I doubted this at first but saw an idenicle picture in anotther post entitled unidenified SPS ?

SPC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rich, by the looks of that drawing I would have to say that what you have is either animal, vegetable or mineral.
icon_biggrin.gif
We might be able to narrow it down a bit more once you get a picture up.
icon_razz.gif

Steve

Carpentersreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rich!

Sounds like a great hitch hiker! Your PC sounds like it's doing the job of reviving the coral, but if it IS an SPS, you'll need more than PC in the future.
Make sure your Ca and Mg stay up to par
(>420 Ca and >1300Mg), and start to convince your wife that you'll need an MH setup in the near future to properly care for the new animal in your care!
icon_biggrin.gif

BTW, for any further advice, it will require approx. 80 bf. of nice black walnut!
icon_biggrin.gif

Mitch

[ December 19, 2001: Message edited by: Carpentersreef ]</p>

Rich-n-poor

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
for any further advice, it will require approx. 80 bf. of nice black walnut!

um no !!!!!!!!!!

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
by the looks of that drawing I would have to say that what you have is either animal, vegetable or mineral

so I cant draw
icon_smile.gif

I do have a pic but the camera is crappy so there isnt much definition let me figure out how to link it
icon_biggrin.gif

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: