new reefer in michigan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to try some sps corals. Can I keep these coral with power compact lighting? I currently have 4 96 watt bulbs. I have an anemone that is doing very well under these lights. I have several soft corals and some hards and they are all doing very well. Which sps would you recommed for the beginner?

Bodine

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps montipora or even hydnophora which other may argue against. I am not a fan of florescent lighting and SPS but some claim good results.

newreefman1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if they are up close..montipora digitata...acroporas wont like that little PC light unless its a very small tank....the montiporas will do fine unless oyu have like a 125
icon_smile.gif

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am keeping a couple of sp of montipora and stylophora in a 10 gallon nano under PC's (65 watts, 3 7100K, 2 Actinics). All have done quite well although they do not color up as nicely as their mother colonies under MH's. I have one Acro in there right now, but it has only been there about 2 weeks, so far so good though. HTH.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: