Jase

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are deep water fish, presumably rarely coming across acros. Scott Michael thinks they'll pick at clams and LPS,
Anyone doing it...what do you think?

Tanu

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really beautiful fish.. Interesting question..
My addition to your question is: won't the intense light on our sps tanks harm their eyes, as they're accustomed to low light environments?

Tanu www.tanu.nl

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jase,

VERY iffy fish with regards to being "reef safe" - much more so then Centropyge sp. If you really wanted to try a butterfly fishes in a reef, these (and all members of subgenus Roa) are your best bets. Personally, it's not a bet I'm willing to take. How much of a gambler are you?
icon_wink.gif
I can assure you you'll have no worms left. Corals and clams: roll of the dice ....

blackcoral

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tinkeris do pick at black corals. They may or may not pick at your acros. Tinkeris are not always deep water water. They can handle higher light levels, no worries about that. I have seen them in 90 feet of water and there are places where they come up to 50 to 60 feet. Declevis maybe be slightly different, but I would not expect much of a difference.

If you keep it well fed, you should be OK, but be prepared for it to al least pick at corasl at least occasionally. Good Luck!

Aloha
Tony

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: