• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

theitalianczech

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could i put a yellow devils hand leather in a 30 gallon with birds nest , blue tipped staghorn, brown with purple rim montipora and a orange montipora digita? tank has 40 lbs LR 30LBS LS, Prism skimmer, aquac power filter just carbon, 1- maxijet 900, aquaclear 402 power head, 2x 96 watt PC.......is it possible to put this leather in there without chemical warfare between them?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will have chemical warfare regardless. Best you can do is run carbon and keep the SPS as far from the leather as possible. I have a few toadstools and species of sinularia that definitely irritate my LPS if they brush up against it. It's done all the time though just space, water changes and good activated carbon should keep everyone pretty mellow.

I am working on doing just LPS - mostly euphyllia species in my tank and the existing leathers are slowly being moved out as space is found for them elsewhere.

ITCZ - also this would be better served in the general forum you might find more response - I just happen to be a compulsive thread crawler.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: