dacaptain78

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
A few pictures of my 180

Oakwood reefer here. Haven't posted any pictures in a while. Here are a few shots of my 180 reef.

Attachments

• IMG_3020.jpg
    IMG_3020.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3023.jpg
    IMG_3023.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3021.jpg
    IMG_3021.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 123

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Oakwood reefer here. Haven't posted any pictures in a while. Here are a few shots of my 180 reef.

Nice Tank! I miss my purple tang after seeing yours. Lost my poor guy along with all the other fish in my tank from a stray voltage leak into the tank while I was on vacation a few years ago.... poor guys never stood a chance. (Now my tank is grounded so it wont happen again I hope)

dacaptain78

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Thanks reefiness. Sorry to hear about your fish. Hate to lose them to something like that.

Purple tangs are beautiful fish, but mine kills anything i put in the tank that is the same size or shape. Was thinking of getting rid of him, but I had it for so long I can't do it. He was one of the few fish to survive my Hurricane Sandy tank crash. We have history so I can't just boot him out. Even if he is a murderer.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Haha. So hes a big bully! I don't remember mine being that aggressive at all. I had him with a slightly smaller sailfin tang and a similar sized hippo.

Thanks reefiness. Sorry to hear about your fish. Hate to lose them to something like that.

Purple tangs are beautiful fish, but mine kills anything i put in the tank that is the same size or shape. Was thinking of getting rid of him, but I had it for so long I can't do it. He was one of the few fish to survive my Hurricane Sandy tank crash. We have history so I can't just boot him out. Even if he is a murderer.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
And jesus can you PM me a link to the ones those are. Also have you noticed any lack of coral growth? I've heard the par rating on those is **** compared to the more name brand LED systems. Also what lights did you have before those or were those your first, and how do they compare to the first lights you had. I have the MH now which I love and dont know if i want to drop the couple hundred bucks to decide that I dont like them after a month and switch back to MH.

Jesusreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Reefiness well for the LED lights it's the first ones I've ever purchased.. Ok as for my opinion, if I were to purchase lights again I would buy a high-bird light T5 and LED mix. Do your research before you buy anything, because it sucks to throw money away. I'm not saying the lights I have are bad but you know the old saying " you get what you pay for" it's all true lol..

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Reefiness well for the LED lights it's the first ones I've ever purchased.. Ok as for my opinion, if I were to purchase lights again I would buy a high-bird light T5 and LED mix. Do your research before you buy anything, because it sucks to throw money away. I'm not saying the lights I have are bad but you know the old saying " you get what you pay for" it's all true lol..

Yeah thats one of the main reasons im so hesitate to even consider going to the LEDs. Ive been spoiled by my MH lights.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: