Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Reefer Ratings: (5 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
I'm not sure the remark about Reef Fantasy is accurate as they rarely seem to be open. Please correct me if I am wrong. Animal Kingdom, while pricey, seems to have the largest collection of corals and marine fish on the island. As to Petland Discount, they have four stores on the island and I have been to three of them but only one of them has marine fish, the one near the S.I. Mall.
7 small fish plus one Yellow Tang.
red button, green eye, blue eyed zoas, leather toadstool, gorgonian, sun coral, green star coral, blue mushroom, red mushroom, leather finger coral, black coral,

55 gallon with:
50 pounds live sand
25 pounds live rock/rubble
4 little fishies

37 gallon QT
Old 01-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Official Lurker
Reefer Ratings: (44 (100%)
Friends: (39)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
I'm not sure the remark about Reef Fantasy is accurate as they rarely seem to be open. Please correct me if I am wrong. Animal Kingdom, while pricey, seems to have the largest collection of corals and marine fish on the island. As to Petland Discount, they have four stores on the island and I have been to three of them but only one of them has marine fish, the one near the S.I. Mall.

Reef Fantasy Is GONE as in for good. It's just a memory. People Let it go!
There is a thread if you do a search about what happened.
Animal Kingdom is really not that pricey but I have seen worse. It's basically the only place left.
There aren't enough reefers on Staten Island to keep these places busy. Another factor are the bridges . Who is going to pay tolls $$$$ to come here to buy fish and corals unless they are traveling through SI to and from work.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Reefer Ratings: (23 (100%)
Friends: (15)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by grknyer View Post
Reef Fantasy Is GONE as in for good. It's just a memory. People Let it go!
There is a thread if you do a search about what happened.
Animal Kingdom is really not that pricey but I have seen worse. It's basically the only place left.
There aren't enough reefers on Staten Island to keep these places busy. Another factor are the bridges . Who is going to pay tolls $$$$ to come here to buy fish and corals unless they are traveling through SI to and from work.
Chris was in a serious car accident and was laid up for quite some time
the building owner did not renew his lease. Chris and his father Bill, are good people.
I agree let it go!
Old 01-26-2009, 12:03 AM
Reefer Ratings: (33 (100%)
Friends: (30)
Send a Private Message My Facebook
Also the Petland by the mall does not carry marine fish unless they recently started doing it again. All petlands on S.I. used to carry damsels, clowns and dwarf angels but no longer do.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:43 AM
Reefer Ratings: (5 (100%)
Send a Private Message
The Petland by the S.I. Mall started carrying marine fish about a month ago. Their collection, clowns, damsels, yellow tangs and a few others, is small but it is a start. Petco, by the Outerbridge Crossing, also carries marine fish and supplies, including live rock. Again, it's a start.
7 small fish plus one Yellow Tang.
red button, green eye, blue eyed zoas, leather toadstool, gorgonian, sun coral, green star coral, blue mushroom, red mushroom, leather finger coral, black coral,

55 gallon with:
50 pounds live sand
25 pounds live rock/rubble
4 little fishies

37 gallon QT
Old 01-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Reefer Ratings: (33 (100%)
Friends: (30)
Send a Private Message My Facebook
Ok. I know the one by the mall carried those saltwater fish for a while but then stopped for a couple of years. I do not trust the Petco by the Outerbridge. Go in there one morning for the opening and you'll understand why. Usually at least 5 - 10 dead fish.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:38 AM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Send a Private Message
Old thread here, but time to revive! I have been visiting Pieces of the Ocean on hylan and they have been great.