Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2015, 11:46 PM
Reefer Ratings: (69 (100%)
Friends: (6)
Send a Private Message
Help Need a temporary home for mandarins

hey everyone, so i dont know what happened but after i upgraded my tank, i must have disrupted some balance so now i have parasites running rampant on my tank. not sure if its ick or flukes or something else.

originally i thought it was just ick as the mandarins didnt seem to be getting anything, but now they are starting to get covered too.

I have all the other fish currently in QT with cupramine where they are all clear.

Now im order to do this right im going to have to get the mandarins out the tank as well. I figure i can throw them in with the cupramine until they are clear, maybe a week or 2, but then they will def need some food.

So I was hoping I could pass them off to someone with a nice pod population after im sure to rid them of parasites then reclaim them after this epidemic has cleared.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:53 PM
Send a Private Message
otherwise i need another suggestion...
Old 09-25-2015, 08:38 PM
BooSten Audi A4 -Aim
Reefer Ratings: (13 (100%)
Friends: (5)
Send a Private Message
I'm not sure they can even handle the copper. You could always throw live brine into the QT tank. They won't die immediately.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:36 PM
Send a Private Message
Bit late. But the results were excellent with both a cupramine and prazipro treatment. Mandarin thinned out nicely, but then took to frozen brine and finally to pellets. Score!
Old 09-26-2015, 10:01 AM
BooSten Audi A4 -Aim
Reefer Ratings: (13 (100%)
Friends: (5)
Send a Private Message
Nice!