masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Had about 2 hrs sleep last night. Went to bed at about 4am (after chewing the fat with you guys till then), woke up at 6am. Sent my daughter on the bus to school at 6:30 and decided I was bored.

I don't normally see my tank first thing in the morning as actinics come on. Wow, things sure do look different at that hour. Figured it was a good Kodak moment.

Remember ALL of these pix are with actinics only. A bit disappointing because T-5 actinics are aweful. Thank g-d URI (now UV) is coming out with their line of T-5 actinics. Hopefully us T-5 users will get the pop all you URI VHO actinic users get.

Anyway, here's a few shots.

We'll start with an update to my avatar, Mycedium:

BlueGreenMycedium.jpg

My greenish/yellow Acro (sp?). Can anyone ID this for me:

GreenAcro.jpg

Green Monti Cap:

GreenMontiCap.jpg

Green Open Brain:

GreenOpenBrain.jpg

master

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
A few more:

Green Slimer (anyone noticing a color pattern here?):

GreenSlimer.jpg

Wall Hammer (this thing started at about 3" - 4". It's now about 10" across):

Hammer.jpg

Orange Monti Cap (heyyyyyy a different color, lol):

OrangeMontiCap.jpg

Red Open Brain:

RedBrain.jpg

master

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
No doubt about growth spykes. Certain things grow crazy under my T-5's. Some other things aren't so swift. My stylophora's and porites are a bit slow. But my Acros, Monti's (caps and dig.) grow great.

My torch started with about 9 heads, now it's up to about 35. Oh, and my Birds Nest is insane with growth, and color too.

Thanks for the kind words.
Russ

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
russ if you want an id on that acro can you post a pic with some regular light on.

and are there any hints when those uri actinics are coming out, I keep hearing about them...

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
jhale said:
russ if you want an id on that acro can you post a pic with some regular light on.

and are there any hints when those uri actinics are coming out, I keep hearing about them...

I will post a pic with daylights, thanks. The URI actinics are being discussed on RC in a thread that URI has responded to. They are non-commital about a date, just that it is within a month or two. I'm stoked. That's actually about my one year date for replacement of my actinics, so the timing is actually spot on.

Thanks chief.

ctx, the boredom is so far behind me I'm feeling like a corpse. I will definitely get to some daylight pix too.

master

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
russ wouldnt expect anything less from the master... great job... beautiful tank and corals... wow... keep up the great work... i was thinking the same russ wat kris said... move out here ill even accept brooklyn.LMAO..

really nice russ...

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Thanks Tony. :shhh: about the Bklyn thing. If my wife ever heard that, I'd be mince meat. I'm from da Bronx, but she's never lived a day in the city in her life. Marriage is much cheaper than divorce my friend. I'd hate to have to give up the hobby! :sad2:

master

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: