Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
So finally after getting a good deal on a 70g .I decided to start a build which really started a month ago

So here goes it

The tank
017-2-1.jpg

the building of the stand
022-1-1.jpg

028.jpg

032-1.jpg

034.jpg

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Looks very nice. What are your plans. lighting, pumps, skimmer etc..etc

Actually the tank is already set up. I honestly didnt think I was going to get a hit. Their have been threads that I've had that no one responded to.

Lighting-------------250W MH in a lumen bright reflector(lg) w/a galaxy select a watt ballast

Pumps---------------- Mag 7 that I see is not powerful enought at the moment also have a maxijet mod but waiting for a magnet holder but Im looking at a couple of nano tunze or a vortech(?)

Skimmer-------------- Euroreef rs80 for now . I like to size my skimmer for my tank so that it is always working( I believe when it is to big you burn more electric to produce less skimmate , if that makes sense)

Looking to add a refugium soon As far as essentials I dose ESV two part I love it and it always worked for me.( If it aint broke then dont fix it)

Last edited:

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
The start of the canopy
018-1.jpg

the testing of the light spread
044.jpg

the set up
061.jpg

062.jpg

Some frags
Tri color vellita, Tri color and a ponapae ( I know the spelling is way off lol but you get the idea
009-1.jpg

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Oh I forgot ,where we are now
003.jpg

and a close up
011.jpg

010.jpg

and left side view
008.jpg

List of corals and fish to come sone and the aquascape needs work and oh yea some more rock

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
looks very good, and love the dimensions, and the euroreef rs80 is a work horse skimmer's and very well size fit to your tank. i see a chiller stuck under the stand, make sure you have proper venting for it as they put off alot of heat and will warm the sump and water as fast as it cool's it. and pm sent

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
NYreefNoob

Yea thanks, I always had the chiller outside of the stand but since I got the bigger dim. I put it inside . I have the big 24 inch fan infront I'll move it to the back.
Thanks

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Actually the tank is already set up. I honestly didnt think I was going to get a hit. Their have been threads that I've had that no one responded to.
LMAO...

250W MH in a lumen bright reflector(lg) w/a galaxy select a watt ballast
You'll definetly not be dissapointed with that combo. What bulb are you using ?

Im looking at a couple of nano tunze or a vortech(?)
Both good choices.

Euroreef rs80 for now.
For now is right. Lol...
( I believe when it is to big you burn more electric to produce less skimmate , if that makes sense)
My skimmers pump only burns 25watts and skimms 375gls heavy stocked, while yours burns 28watts @ 50gls heavy stocked.:fish:

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Pauliwalnuts

as far as bulb combo I'm playing around with the 14k hamiltons and the Radiums which I love but I want growth with fill in before I do the Radium.and I'm kinda stuck on adding suppliment lighting for dusk to dawn.

as far as vortec i keep hearing people having problems and always see members selling them.Why? I've always been a fan of tunze which I have on my other tank.Should I get the 6055?

you have to explain the skimmer for a 375 pump burn less than my Euroreef .Once things get jumping which do you think.

Octopus
Magnus
SWC
Bubbleking
ATB

Glad you like the pictures, I'm working on a better camera than a point and shoot

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Fish stocking I thinking about

Yellow tang now
Marron clown now /want to switch
leapord wrasse future
colon fairy wrasse future
1 gobie future
and maybe a royal gamma

Not definite yet,subject to change as time goes on.

Coral stock list( Spelling will be off )

purple tip ,red and green digi have now
ponapae got frag
blue tort got frag
tri color vellita got frag
a clam want
red milli got frag
maze brain want
favia(beige and green) want
granulosa want
pearlberry want
strawberry shortcake want
cotton candy stylo want
red birdnest want
turiaki want
teal stag want
green slimmer have
prostata want
tounge have
a finger have

and some others that I cant think of now.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: