btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
additions from the last couple of months (thanks to jerl77,jakesf150, tropical island, aqua hut, and qy7400 for all the help on programming and repairs to the leds)
next additions should include a trio of resplendent anthias, red saddle/capped anthias, and rhomboid fairy (m). as far as corals... eh... still trying to fill this tank up lol.

DSC04408.jpg

DSC04407.jpg

DSC04406.jpg

DSC04402.jpg

DSC04401.jpg

DSC04400.jpg

DSC04397.jpg

DSC04363.jpg

DSC04365.jpg

Last edited:

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
Bought clean up crew from reef cleaners and a sea hare hopefully they get the tank back how it was. Did research on the tech m treatment.... Seems like it will work but I don't like dosing /adding chemicals. So I will leave that as a last resort.

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Be careful with the sea hare, they're great animals but not the brightest; I've lost a few to powerheads and one who got stuck in a rock.

Raising the Mg works great but it's only worked on bryopsis for me, did nothing for everyday hair algae.

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
Thanks Joe. That is definitely what I have, a lot of the bryopsis algae growing in random spots right now . We also lost a lot of the clean up crew we had when we sold the live rock from the 155g. We tried going for awhile with out the cuc because I hate when things get knocked over or hermits end up killing snails for shells.

Last edited:

cdamiano

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
154   0   0
I have used the Tech M in the past and it helped when I had a problem in my last tank. The Tech M has something in it that other Magnesium supplements don't which appears to negatively effect the algae. But, just because it worked for me doesn't necessarily mean it will work for you. I have also used it on my current tank and it seemed to help rid my frag tanks of some other type of algae I had growing in there.

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
okay then... not 1 but 3 respected reefers have proven to me that doing the tech m algae nuke is safe and the best solution. i think i am going to try it.... just need to ask ...
test kit???? recommendations? thanks guys once again.

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
DSC04443.jpg

soooo... met a cool local reefer saturday... aussiecrazy. his tank is amazing ...too bad he is breaking down. he is moving... and still is going to be local. so.. check out the goodies i picked up from him :

DSC04425.jpg

DSC04424.jpg

DSC04420.jpg

DSC04418.jpg

sneak peek of seahorse tank....
DSC04417.jpg

DSC04416.jpg

ya...he is pregnant....
ora kudas so cool.

and a baby kuda..
DSC04440.jpg

eating frozen and loving the 30g tall they are in. i ll make a thread later once the tank looks better... lots of macro just not organized.

Last edited:

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
30gallon refugium.
2 mated pair ocellaris and gbta
assorted macro pink galaxy/gracelaria/flame algae/ grape calerpa/razor calerpa
yasha goby and randalli pistol shrimp
02174f96.jpg

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4nzbbKBK0qI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: