Turbovr3six

HighTideCoral.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Painted the lights.
1311117278.jpg

Plumbing as of now. I might change out the slit pipe in favor of a drilled one.
1311117285.jpg

Acrylic cut out for returns.
1311117159.jpg

Turbovr3six

HighTideCoral.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
This is the sand I got for the DT. Still debating what to put in the fuge.
1310908909.jpg

I moved the BRS reactor because I didn't like it in the middle.
1310648097.jpg

1311342990.jpg

This is the skimmer I will be using. SWC Mini S.
1311342964.jpg

Turbovr3six

HighTideCoral.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
No leaks for a couple of days, so I'm gonna fill it. I need to rinse the sand, put the rocks in, and fill it back up with rodi. I plan to add the salt to the refugium section of the sump slowly. I'm going to put a powerhead in there to help it stir up more. Is this a bad idea with the sand and rock already in the tank?

Turbovr3six

HighTideCoral.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I braced the floor joists under the tank because when I would walk around near the tank, the floor would "bounce". The room that the tank is in has a little crawl space under it with a concrete foundation. Crawling up in here was the least enjoyable part of the build thus far.

1312721273.jpg

And it is now filled with saltwater.
1312721487.jpg

Turbovr3six

HighTideCoral.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Thanks Paulie!

I hit a speed bump. It won't stop me, but will slow me down considerably. I got red bugs in my current DT. At first I was confused as to how they got there because I put all new corals into QT for observation and treat as necessary until ready. Well I got some snails from a guy taking down his tank and I didn't QT them. This is the ONLY way I can see how they got into my system. Lesson learned. Now I'm going to do an intercepter treatment and start QT'ing all over again.

Also the rock in the 75 is leaching PO4 pretty bad. I had this rock in my previous tank for a couple of months and when I moved I just let it dry out. Since then I have only rinsed it in RODI water. It's at .89 so I'm running GFO/carbon and doing W/C's until it's gone. After that I'm going to add live rock to the sump and add a raw shrimp to start the cycle.

I'm guessing that I'll have fish and coral in the 75 no sooner than November.

I've been thinking about putting my clownfish and a nem into the fuge. I would like to keep my fish in the DT limited to wrasse's, gobies, tang, and anthias. I'm going to light the fuge with some LED's and would like to do a DIY kit. I eventually want to replace my halides with a DIY kit, so a little light to start will be good practice.

Turbovr3six

HighTideCoral.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Well Irene wasn't as bad to me as I thought it would be. I only lost power for about 12Hrs. I had battery backups so I was sailing smooth.

Made a little progress on the build. I moved my frag tank onto it's stand, and moved all of my livestock into a 29G for the time being. Here's a pic of how it looks now.
1315007333.jpg

The room that the tank is in will also be my girlfriends study area, so I also got her desk in there. It works out nice for me because I can use some it for storage.
1315007318.jpg

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Looks nice Justin! I have a computer table next to my tank but the computer table looks like a lab :) that's how I started "oh I'll use this table to keep A few things in it" ....noe a days it's not a computer table... it's more like a reef support table :lol2:

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: