Steve canada

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks very nice and very clean.Make sure you don't use the light at full power.You need to acclimate the corals.These lights are very powerful.You need to start them off a little lower and slowly add intensity.The unit looks very nice over the tank.It takes a little bit of time to get used to the software but once you do its very cool,amazing what you can do.

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
@pecan2phat - I wanted to stay with more reliable light if you know what I mean. But I see that you still play with old tech :)

@Belwell - of course two units will be just awesome for that dommension tank you can run them at lower percentage but if I gonna tell my wife I'll buy now one more unit she will kill me, if you know what I mean ;)
If you want take a look in person at the light quality just lmk I'm in Brooklyn.

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
Looks very nice and very clean.Make sure you don't use the light at full power.You need to acclimate the corals.These lights are very powerful.You need to start them off a little lower and slowly add intensity.The unit looks very nice over the tank.It takes a little bit of time to get used to the software but once you do its very cool,amazing what you can do.

Thanks Steve, yes I know what you mean I'm running white at 70% blue at 60% and Roy at 60% since I have only one unit I'll raise white to 100% and Roy to 90-100% slowly during the 2-3 weeks.

Steve canada

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I was playing around with one unit and its very bright.I see the light spread is very good.Pretty wide spread considering the size of the unit.The par is also high on the outside of the spread.You don't see that with a lot of led units.The less expensive or cheap lights might have a good par but low spread as soon as you move the par meter away for the center of the light it drops like crazy.I find square fixture are nicer VS the long thin fixtures.The price for the ReefTech is very good.People might think they are expensive but they are not.I have found some units from china that they say have control over dimming but the truth is they are not the same.They don't dim in the same manner and if people think they are saving money they are not.In the end the china fixtures are no where near the same quality and they rust (mine are rusted) and the features are a joke.The reeftech fixture is very cool and well built.It looks very nice on your rimless tank.I can say WOW nice job.:thrash:

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
Is three months already after last time I updated my tank thread...
Since I sold ReefTech light and got Fauna Marin Star Fire T5 I see some changes in my tank, don't have cyanobacterias any more and finally almost all corals got back their colors!
Water parameters are the same all the time so that was probably lighting problem.
I have some before and after pics to see the progress... :)
Here are few for example:

Tricolor Valida Before:

tcvbefore.jpg

And after:

tcv.jpg

Red Planet Before:

rpbefore.jpg

And After:

rp.jpg

I know is blitch i reduced one channel (6 bulbs) to 50% and getting better every week...

Strawbery shortcake before and also before this big colony just died! :(

sscbefore.jpg

Here is small colony I have now:

ssc.jpg

And here are some other corals before and after...

acro5before.jpg

After:

acro5.jpg

Before:

acro4before.jpg

After:

acro4.jpg

Before:

acro1before.jpg

After:

acro1.jpg

Before:

acro6before.jpg

Add After:

acro6.jpg

I know some corals still need more time but I'm so happy many of them doing much better under T5's...

This one here still need more time:

acro7.jpg

And few more pics...

hippo.jpg

mili1.jpg

mili.jpg

goby.jpg

monti.jpg

acro8.jpg

geometric.jpg

acro3.jpg

acro2.jpg

My Wyoming Whites also doing good ;)

ww.jpg

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
@ Al - thanks bro ;)

@ Steve - my water parameters was always good and they are good :)
My problem was the light but is dissolved already like you can see on the pics I hope for your tank and corals ReefTech gonna be much better than for my... How's your tank by the way I don't see any updates?

Regards,
mark

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
/me wipes the drool off my face

not only is it awesome you built your own tank, but those coral before and after just wow

If you ever decide to give your tank way I'll volunteer :) gj man gj

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
Ok I sold....going with T5's lol

Haha :)
T5's doing good job for many tanks all over the world. For some reason leds are not for all aquariums...
I think combination T5's + leds are perfect if not best solution right now.
They still producing heat and bulbs has to be replaced every 9 months also power consumption is higher than leds but I prefer pay for that and see my corals are happy then pay less and have them brown ;)

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
You corals/ tank look amazing !!! I'm running LEDs and getting decent results !! T5s seem too be the favorite on mr but I'm going out on limb and gonna say that 90% will be using led within 5 yrs

Thank you very much for your complement.
I didn't say LEDs are bad I just said looks like they are not for my tank :)
I'm happy to hear that your experience with LEDs are good, what brand are you using? or you did it yourself?

Regards
mark

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: