Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for tank suggestions from the MR community.

I've had several salt water tanks over the years (the largest being a 175 gal custom built in tank) and am looking to get back into the hobby after being away from it for several years. I don't have a lot of space in my apartment so I'm looking for something under 50 gallons.

There appear to be lots of options out there now. Red Sea Max 34 gal, Current Solana 34 gal (apparently no longer available due to new model coming out this fall), Deep Blue Edge 30 gal, CAD artisan series, CAD signature or Pro series, Marineland corner-flo aquariums, Elos Midi, Ecoxotic 25 gal, etc....

Any advice or comments on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Stay away from the all in ones unless you like chillers.

I have a 30g AIO I'm running now with a 150w halide and I don't need a chiller. It's open top and I have a fan that's about 10' away that blows on the halide. When it got very hot this summer the tank got up to 84? at it's hottest. On those days I had an A/C running but it's in the living room so the A/C would have been running anyway.

dsgray16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Following along... im also looking for a similar setup. The 40b idea sounds good. What about the stand though? Does anybody make a good stand for that setup?

I am also considering the Elos Midi setup.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: